Noah's Ark Animal Sanctuary Help

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by decemberchild, Sep 18, 2013.

1. decemberchild
    OP

decemberchild latecomer

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2011
    United States
    I blatantly stole this post from the I fucking love science facebook page, but I think it is for a great cause. I don't post a lot on here, but I've been a creeper for at least 5 years. I see a lot of people fund kickstarter projects, so maybe people would be willing to donate for a good cause.

I fucking love science
    A lion and tiger and bear; oh my!

As cubs a lion, a tiger, and a bear had been owned by a drug dealer who did not properly care for them. The bear’s harness grew into his skin because the owner did not alter it as the animal grew. They had been abused and neglected early in life, but were finally rescued. The bear's harness was surgically removed.

They had been taken in by an Noah's Ark Animal Sanctuary in Georgia, an institution that runs solely on donations. The staff initially tried to separate them due to obvious concerns that the three large predators would fight. During the trial of separation, the animals were uncooperative and behaved poorly. Once reunited, the three calmed down and were well behaved.

Twelve years later, the three friends spend their days playing, cuddling, and eating together. While the sanctuary would prefer to leave them together, new federal regulations on fence height are threatening to separate them. It will cost nearly half a million dollars to update the facility and meet the October deadline. A crowdsourcing donation campaign is going until Sept 24 to allow BLT to remain together as a family.

Donation page: http://bit.ly/1emso88

More info and video on BLT: http://abcn.ws/12w6LdJ

You can get updates on the three friends at Noah's Ark Animal Sanctuary

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Read the rules, still gotta ask a staff member even if it's for a "good cause."

3. decemberchild
    OP

decemberchild latecomer

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2011
    United States
    I did read it, but I guess I misinterpreted it. I thought where I was promoting a shelter and not a website that it would be okay. I guess since it is a website that you have to visit to donate to the shelter that makes sense though. Sorry.

4. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    Its fine don't worry.

Tom Bombadildo likes this.
  5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Spooky cute.

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    So this is cool? Alright! ^_^ So I do plan on helping out with some donations really soon!