Hacking No0b Question but does new gateway release work for firmware 9.5?

Gumplock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will Gateway Ultra 3.0.4 Public Beta allow me to play 3DS ROMS on 3DS XL firmware 9.5.0?

And van anyone explain to me what 'emunand' is please?

Thank you for your patience!

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The update is for emunand to work on 9.5. You still need your system to be on the supported firmware sysnand, which is 4.5 - 9.2.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Gateway Ultra 3.0.4 Public Beta allow me to play 3DS ROMS on 3DS XL firmware 9.5.0?

And van anyone explain to me what 'emunand' is please?

Thank you for your patience!
No, it will not work on your updated 9.5 3DS. You have to be on firmwares 4.X-9.2 to use Gateway and all its other features. You will have to get another 3DS on a lower firmware if you want to use it.

EmuNAND is a backup/copy/emulated version of your SysNAND that runs off the SD card. You can use EmuNAND to update to 9.5 while keeping your SysNAND at 4.X-9.2 so you can use the eShop, download updates, games, demos, etc. And yes, you can play 3DS roms on EmuNAND.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you really plan on using GW someday and for some reason updated to 9.4 just don't update. You never know when the next exploit comes around and if it works on 9.5.

GW may never support 9.2+ considering the fact that they only supported 4.5+ due to a third party (smea) though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1