No World of Goo 2, but maybe a DS sequel.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Nov 12, 2008.

Nov 12, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    "A portion of a NWF interview with the gang at 2D Boy…

NWF: Can you see yourself making a sequel (or, better yet, bite-sized DLC add-on packs)? Or are you looking to move on to a different project next? What’s the next step for 2D Boy?

Ron: No! No sequel! The only sequel to meet the expectations created by the original is The Empire Strikes Back, and even then, it was just because George Lucas didn’t direct it. Also, we’ve eaten enough goo to last a life time and we’re ready to do something else.

Kyle: One thing we’re doing is offering support to make the whole game much more moddable. We’re constantly surprised at the ingenuity of some of the people on our forum. Currently there’s a level editor in progress, and another tool for editing parameters in the game, and a quickly growing open translation project to make the game work in as many languages as possible.

NWF: If World of Goo becomes a big success on WiiWare, can you see it making its way to Xbox Live Arcade or PSN? How about a DS game?

Ron: XBLA and PSN will probably not happen, we just don’t think the controls would feel right. Mouse is great and so is the Wii remote. The DS would be a good platform for the game from a controls standpoint but the processor
    is not nearly strong enough for the physics simulation. We might be able to do a simplified version of the game, but we have no plans for that right now."

Source
    Full interview

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Its good to see a company have great success with a game and NOT want to cash in by doing a sequel, this is how it use to be. Sounds like they want to keep bringing fresh ideas to the gaming world.

Of course like many others I would love to have some new levels, what I'd like is for them to perhaps release a level creator and then we can all make levels and share them.

As for a DS game, I'm not sure I'd want one. It wouldn't be as good and it wouldn't work as well, why would I want an inferior version?

3. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    i take it that the lvl editor will only be for pc?

4. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Aw yeah, that's awesome! I'd nearly forgotten a level editor was in progress, thanks for reminding me! I really need to finish this, I stopped playing a couple of levels before the end because I bought Far Cry 2.
    Great game (Y).

5. Shichibukai

Member Shichibukai GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    No sequel? aw the game was great short but incredible (maybe if i didn't have played nonstop all day long it would be longer)

Warning: Spoilers inside!

6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    What level editor?

7. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    That one. It's being made by users on the forum.