No way to load HBC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by UncT, Dec 8, 2010.

Dec 8, 2010

No way to load HBC by UncT at 7:52 PM (1,187 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. UncT
    OP

Newcomer UncT Newbie

Canada
    All, I had HBC on my Wii - by accident I deleted IOS58 which caused it to stop. Thinking that I could re-install HBC, I deleted that as well. Now I am unable to run the Indiana Pwns Hack-Mii and can not update the Wii via Nintendo. The Hack-Mii app says I have no IOS's to load the HBC from. Nintendo just gives me a 32017 error so that I can't get back IOS58 to load the Hack-Mii. In the past I have been able to fix my mistakes but this time I am stumped. Are there any other ways of getting in to the Wii so that I can load HBC? Is there a new Hack-Mii coming that may help? Any thoughts or advice would be of great help as my wife is missing her USB loader. Thanks in advance.
    UncT

2. burritoboy9984

Member burritoboy9984 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Did you install priiloader? Bootmii? Do you have any forwarder channels installed?

-Erik

Edit: I missed you have access to indiana pwns.... Just do as said below, place the ios58 installer dol in the root directory, delete the hackmii installer from there, and install ios58... Then place the hackmii installer back in the root directory and install again [​IMG]

3. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    A question to start things off: Which ways can you still run Homebrew like the HackMii installer you mentioned running? Do you have BootMii/Boot2 or Priiloader installed? Something else?

The reason that HackMii is saying that you "have no IOS's to load the HBC from" is because you probably have all your IOS patched and the installer only uses original IOS. Easy fix is to install IOS58 by running the IOS58 Installer the same way your were able to run the HackMii Installer, and then of course run the HackMii Installer. You should be able to re-install the HBC at this point.

-[]D

EDIT: Forget what I said and follow what mauifrog suggests below. My brain left me on this one. I don't think that the IOS58 Installer will work unless ran from HBC v1.0.7+ Someone who has tested this please correct me if I am wrong. MMM or Dop-Mii will work in place of IOS58 Installer though.

4. Haxxy

Newcomer Haxxy Advanced Member

United States
    EDIT: Never mind, PPSainity beat me.

5. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Delete sd:\boot.elf
    Download Multi Mod Manger boot.elf to sd:\
    Download ios58.wad to sd:\wad
    Run indiana PWNS or other, MMM loads
    Select reload ios, reload ios36 or cios if you have
    Select wadmanger, install ios58
    Reinstall HBC via hackmii installer.

Or just load MMM from the priiloader file loader, then install ios58 and HBC.

6. UncT
    OP

Newcomer UncT Newbie

Canada
    Mauifrog, you're the best. It worked perfectly and now my wife is off my back LOL. Thanks again my friend.