Hardware No video or sound on Wii

GH0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, some time ago, my Wii froze up, I have left it unplugged since then (around the time Metroid: Other M came out). Today, I tried plugging it back in, and powering it on. Here comes an issue. It powers on (green light shows up), but, I get no sound and no video. Now, I thought, okay, maybe my extended RCA cord is the issue. Tried a different TV. Still, not a chance. Everything on the Wii still works DVD Drive, Fan in the back, etc. So overheating shouldn't be a problem. I don't know what to do.

Anyone have any ideas on what could have caused this, or have any recommendations on how to repair this other then sending it it in to Nintendo?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fucked up my composite cable when pulling it out of the tv one time. I completely lost the contacts in the back of the T.V.

GH0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
When you said tried different TV, did you also tried different composite cable?

No, I don't have any others to try it out with. Planning on going out tomorrow and getting one to test it out with. Even then, if I try using the Wii remote, it doesn't connect.

GH0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears that the Power light is YELLOW, not GREEN as I thought it looked. Which means it didn't pass the bootloader process. What isincluded in the bootloader process, just out of curiosity, that way I can narrow it down a bit more to hopefully repair it myself (or get someone else) and not have to send it in to Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu