Gaming No update files work for my Yokai Watch cartridge

SuperHans111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey all.

I'm trying to install the latest update for Yokai Watch, which I play on physical. I am from Australia and have installed 1.2 EUR update, which didn't work. I tried USA and JPN and both of those didn't work either. Not surprisingly.

Is anyone able to help me update my game? I can't update it from the eShop because I have a Japanese 3DS that has it's region changed to European/Australian etc. This essentially breaks the eShop.

SuperHans111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you cart is a physical one, it should say what region it is at the very bottom of the sticker.
Oh thank you! Yes it is Australian region. Do you know where I can find Australian region update files? Or is that not allowed here?
Google is not my friend. I already tried that.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh thank you! Yes it is Australian region. Do you know where I can find Australian region update files? Or is that not allowed here?
Google is not my friend. I already tried that.
Sadly no. I literally just updated a friend's copy for him, but it's the US version. I can't tell you where to find these updates, since they are nintendo code. But, sadly, I can tell you I haven't seen any .AUS update files in my search :(

SuperHans111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sadly no. I literally just updated a friend's copy for him, but it's the US version. I can't tell you where to find these updates, since they are nintendo code. But, sadly, I can tell you I haven't seen any .AUS update files in my search :(
That's okay. I might just "purchase" some undubbed versions and keep my carts at ver. 1.0 :(
Not ideal but not the worst either. I do have an unhacked 3DS with Australian eShop so maybe I will play my physical games on there.

Thanks for the help anyway dude. Appreciate it. :)

Reactions: BORTZ

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished yokai watch 1 and was glad to move on. I really dont like 1's "catch" mechanics and there isnt a cheat to make it 100% either. So I'm glad there is a 100% catch cheat in 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho