Android No! The google nexus tablet was delayed until july.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://tabtimes.com/news/ittech-manufacturers/2012/04/06/rumor-google-delays-nexus-tablet-looks-reduce-price

Man I'm so disgusted. I've been waiting for this thing since January. Back when it was known as the asus memo 370t. And now I'm supposed to wait longer? No. I need a high end tablet now. Do you guys have any suggestions? When is the samsung galaxy tab 2 coming out in the U.S.?

Edit - Also someone needs to tell google that most people wouldn't mind spending the extra $50 for a high quality tablet. I wouldn't.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google Nexus tablet??? 0_0 I've never heard of this before now...

Yeah. It was originally known as the asus memo 370t. Which was announced back in January. Google decided that they wanted it. So they partnered up with asus. According to google the nexus tablet will be an android tablet of the highest quality. But I don't see how they're going to do that when they're dumping down the specs to cut costs. Not to mention the ridiculously long wait for it.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Transformer Prime is currently the best android tablet, but honestly none of them are that great due to the software. If you really feel you need one tho, the Prime is definitely the way to go.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Transformer Prime is currently the best android tablet, but honestly none of them are that great due to the software. If you really feel you need one tho, the Prime is definitely the way to go.
Has the Prime or any other tablets finally gotten IceCreamSandwich yet? I remember ICS was supposed to streamline ALL OSes between tablets and phones, but most tablets I've seen are still rockin' honeycomb.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has the Prime or any other tablets finally gotten IceCreamSandwich yet? I remember ICS was supposed to streamline ALL OSes between tablets and phones, but most tablets I've seen are still rockin' honeycomb.

My tablet that isn't even supposed to be running Android is rocking ICS v4.0.4 and does it smoothly. Also, this is all only speculation, and July isn't that far away.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it has, and while it's definitely better than Honeycomb, I still don't think it's quite up to snuff.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would get the transformer prime, but at 10 inches it's too big. I did some research and it seems like the best 7 inch android tablet currently available is the samsung galaxy tab 7.0 plus. But that's not going to get ice cream sandwich. So it would be a waste to get that now when the newer ones will be out in a few months. This is frustrating. Also take a look at this:

http://whdi-reviews.com/2012/04/android-tablet-for-the-google-nexus-line-coming-in-july/

I don't know what google is thinking.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found this today.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-57411999-251/samsung-galaxy-tab-2-7.0-hands-on/

The only thing about this that stands out is 4.0 ice cream sandwich and dat price. But unfortunately samsung stupidly downgraded some things from the 7.0 plus specs. This is why I'm worried about what google is doing with their nexus tablet. If they slash the specs just to reduce price then how is that "a tablet of the highest quality?" Anyway I'm still really hoping that the asus memo 370T will be released. Since Asus hasn't officially said that it was cancelled. That thing had the best specs of any 7 inch tablet I've seen.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Asus-MeMO-370T_id6839

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool