Android No! The Asus Memo 370T was cancelled!

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.androidauthority.com/rumor-asus-nexus-tablet-to-feature-a-dual-core-processor-will-be-priced-at-149-64164/#dsq-form-area

I am extremely disappointed and angry about this. Back in January I was gonna buy a samsung galaxy tab 7.0 plus. But when asus announced the memo 370t I decided to wait for it because it was more powerful. Now I find out that because of stupid google it's been cancelled and replaced with a dumped down version. I don't want that. I'm not poor. I didn't mind spending the extra $100 bucks for it. I could've bought the galaxy tab 7.0 plus back in January. Man I'm pissed. I really wanted that tegra 3 quad-core.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
One word. Rumors.

This may not be true, and even if it is OH LAWDY NO QUAD CORE. Really the only thing that would use that much power on a tablet would be emulators and not much else. I mean, seriously? They wouldn't optimize or make any games that require a quad core until they become available in a larger share of the smartphone market anyways.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Suprgamr232']

But that's one of the reasons I wanted it. To play N64oid and PSX4droid.

@[member='TehSkull']

I would but at 10 inches it's not compact enough for me. I couldn't fit a 10" tablet in my pocket.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bigger is better, so I can understand wanting a quadcore, but to be so desperate for a 7" tablet doesn't make much sense. A 7" tablet certainly wont fit in any of my pockets already, so the extra 3" of screen makes no difference if you already have to tote it around in a case.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose it's pointless to tell you to get a Nook Color if you want that kind of tablet? $150 or less, can get ICS on it too.(I'd certainly be willing to sell you mine :yay: ) That said, I'd like to see a good $250 Android tablet too. Preferably before I get the money for a Transformer Prime.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Suprgamr232']
Wow. That's good to know. I always thought a quad-core was needed to run them at full speed.

@[member='TehSkull']
Well I've seen and held a 10" tablet before. I wasn't crazy about it. Too bulky and heavy. I might as well be carrying around a laptop.

@[member='ThePowerOutage']
That would be nice. But unfortunately I can't wait until Q4 for a new tablet.

@[member='alunral']
Haha. Actually I already have a nook color. I bought it last September. But I'm not at all impressed with it. It's slow and unresponsive, N64oid and PSX4droid don't work on it, the dolphin browser randomly crashes, etc. If I was going to spend $150 on a tablet, I'd get the google nexus. It really depends on the specs though. If it doesn't have a front and back camera and an SD card slot, I'm not getting it. I'll just get the samsung galaxy tab 7.0 plus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended