Hacking No SX OS menu in Album

Koopa117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello,
I have a Switch Lite with a SX Lite chip and I'm running firmware 10.1.0 and SX OS V3.0.4 and when I select to boot to CFW with emunand enabled (or disabled) I can't access the album for the sxos menu instead there is only the default album with screenshots. The boot file seems to work as I can access everything in the initial boot screen. It's as if it's not really booting to the CFW. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try? My sd card is a sandisk 256 GB formatted to FAT32. Oh yeah and I've tried pressing R when launching the album, it doesn't do anything. Hopefully someone can help me out.

IMG_20201008_155151.jpg IMG_20201008_155250.jpg

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I tried adding hbmenu.nro to the root of my sd card, but it didn't do anything. It's still the regular album.
That's only for atmosphere. And if you want to launch the homebrew menu by opening other titles and holding R.

The way it works in SX is that you open the album and it opens the sx menu. Holding R on album opens the album.

But for you, you're getting it all the time. First thing I would check is the button test in the Nintendo settings menu. Make sure you can actually press R and it's being recognized. Make sure it's not a hardware issue. Also test your touch screen. Make sure when you're pressing the custom fw button on the bootloader.

Another thing you can test with hbmenu.nro on your card, is to open a game while holding the R button. If it launches, you know your system is hacked.

If the R button and touch screen work fine, I would backup your sd card and format it (make sure to format the entire card, hidden partition and all) and start fresh. Recreate your emunand and make sure it's enabled. Then try and launch again. I have a suspicion that your card is the issue (not bad card necessarily, but possible corruption).

There's really nothing to set up to get it working. It sounds like you did it all correctly. When you launch emunand and open album you get the SX menu. So the fact that it's not there means it's hardware (R button or touchscreen like I mentioned before) or the more likely reason, some sort of corruption on your card.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Koopa117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That's only for atmosphere. And if you want to launch the homebrew menu by opening other titles and holding R.

The way it works in SX is that you open the album and it opens the sx menu. Holding R on album opens the album.

But for you, you're getting it all the time. First thing I would check is the button test in the Nintendo settings menu. Make sure you can actually press R and it's being recognized. Make sure it's not a hardware issue. Also test your touch screen. Make sure when you're pressing the custom fw button on the bootloader.

Another thing you can test with hbmenu.nro on your card, is to open a game while holding the R button. If it launches, you know your system is hacked.

If the R button and touch screen work fine, I would backup your sd card and format it (make sure to format the entire card, hidden partition and all) and start fresh. Recreate your emunand and make sure it's enabled. Then try and launch again. I have a suspicion that your card is the issue (not bad card necessarily, but possible corruption).

There's really nothing to set up to get it working. It sounds like you did it all correctly. When you launch emunand and open album you get the SX menu. So the fact that it's not there means it's hardware (R button or touchscreen like I mentioned before) or the more likely reason, some sort of corruption on your card.

Thanks for taking the time to reply hartleyshc. I've tried doing the button and touch screen test and came up with nothing out of the ordinary, everything seems to be working as it should be. When selecting the custom fw I can see that it is selected when pressed. As it seems that I can't boot into the cfw, I can't use hbmenu.nro, correct? I've already tried reformatting my card and recreating my emunand, sadly it didn't help. Maybe i'll try a different card next.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your card was the issue, you’d get this

View attachment 227766
That's only if the entire card was not working. Or if the boot.dol file was corrupted. You're not factoring in emunand corruption at all. The system isn't crc checking files when it's creating the emunand. It's most probable emunand corruption. You can have corrupted sectors and not the entire card be bad.

They're trying a new sd card and will report back.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there some kind of forwarder we could use if this happens
i have a similar setup to OP
but i am wondering if there is a forwarder we could use to launch the full memory access home brew menu
instead of holding R and launching any title

Alsusee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried redownloading the boot.dat file (even the v3.0.5 one)? Also, are you using Windows or Mac to write to the card?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for taking the time to reply hartleyshc. I've tried doing the button and touch screen test and came up with nothing out of the ordinary, everything seems to be working as it should be. When selecting the custom fw I can see that it is selected when pressed. As it seems that I can't boot into the cfw, I can't use hbmenu.nro, correct? I've already tried reformatting my card and recreating my emunand, sadly it didn't help. Maybe i'll try a different card next.
Is your SD card FAT32?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1