Gaming [No Spoilers] Pokemon sword and shield crown tundra is it worth playing?

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys quick question I haven't really played SW/SH in a very long time but is the newest DLC alot better than the last one? The last one was very lame and not challenging and I think I still have the water tower to beat before my legendary fighting Pokémon could evolve. I actually paid for the DLC but ehh the last DLC was so much a waste I didn't want to invest more time into the game unless the DLC was really worth it.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

I chose not to because the impression I get is that there are better games out there.

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people still buy pokemon games?

Well to be honest with you I did like SW/SH wasn't much content but it was pretty decent. Not better than the older pokemon games but it was fun to play. The DLC was terrible the Isle of Armor was a waste of a DLC so the next one I wasn't too sure

I chose not to because the impression I get is that there are better games out there.
I'm in the same boat I haven't really played my game since maybe 2 or 3 months ago I don't remember. The Isle of armor bored me to death I didn't even complete the water tower my pokemon was basically beating my other opponents in 1 move.

That reminds me I paid for the pokemon home for a year I need to cancel that service

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well to be honest with you I did like SW/SH wasn't much content but it was pretty decent. Not better than the older pokemon games but it was fun to play. The DLC was terrible the Isle of Armor was a waste of a DLC so the next one I wasn't too sure

I'm in the same boat I haven't really played my game since maybe 2 or 3 months ago I don't remember. The Isle of armor bored me to death I didn't even complete the water tower my pokemon was basically beating my other opponents in 1 move.

That reminds me I paid for the pokemon home for a year I need to cancel that service
SW/SH are so poorly made it makes me believe they get barely any sales and cant afford to make a quarter decent game.

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee
IMO the "wild area" kinda ruined the game. There is no way I should be encountering level 50 Pokémon especially when I just started the game. In legacy Pokémon games Pokémon on such levels was post Pokémon leauge like Mount Silver and Cerulian Cave. Despite the flaws I did manage to enjoy the game and put 40 hours into it. The 1st DLC was a let down I hope the 2nd one is good

@Lightyose
I'll give it a go when I have the chance. I've been trying to play my switch lite more often to justify the games that I had bought for them lol. I do have CFW switches also but I haven't touched them in a very long time I think we are in a CFW hiatus with SXOS and also with Atmosphere I'm not too sure if Super Mario 3D all stars is fully playable I'm just waiting for better compatibility before updating.

D

Deleted User

sword and shield is... baffling bad. The pop in is so extreme it's a joke. There is some seriously questionable framerate drops in places where there is nothing happening. The story is... meh. Like it's even more predictable than before somehow. Oh, and did I forget lack of polish? Like, seeing mouse cursors during pre render cut scenes? And no those cursors aren't in world.

Reactions: Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee
D

Deleted User

They cut the amount of usable pokemon. (as in they just don't exist in the games code)

their original excuse was higher quality animations and models. Which... didn't happen.
Then they moved to saying it was for balancing purposes.
To only then have dynamaxing banned from online play... because it was too broken...
oh and then they thew back in all the uber pokemon... so... yeah
what about balancing?

Last edited by ,

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They cut the amount of usable pokemon. (as in they just don't exist in the games code)

their original excuse was higher quality animations and models. Which... didn't happen.
Then they moved to saying it was for balancing purposes.
To only then have dynamaxing banned from online play... because it was too broken...
oh and then they thew back in all the uber pokemon... so... yeah
what about balancing?
i dont care if they cut usable pokemon if the game was at least passable.
pocket monsters is a dead shit.

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there was alot of complaining about the National Pokedex not being complete but being realistic that can't be done in SW/SH. National Dex could work in Gen 1 and 2 because you actually had 2 different regions to travel. The problem is the abundance of Pokémon that has ruined the experience of SW/SH. I did enjoy the game but half of it was missing and incomplete. They should have just made 200 dedicated Pokémon from the game and omitted the rest of the Pokémon.

I bought the DLC because I thought it was going to be a decent experience but my experience with the Isle of Armor they just crammed alot of old gen pokemon inside the game for me to catch. I didn't buy the DLC to catch old pokemon lol I had bought it to get a new adventure. The only pokemon game that they got almost right was Heart Gold an Soul Silver which is arguably the best Pokémon game ever made also the only one where you had 2 regions to travel.

D

Deleted User

Well there was alot of complaining about the National Pokedex not being complete but being realistic that can't be done in SW/SH. National Dex could work in Gen 1 and 2 because you actually had 2 different regions to travel. The problem is the abundance of Pokémon that has ruined the experience of SW/SH. I did enjoy the game but half of it was missing and incomplete. They should have just made 200 dedicated Pokémon from the game and omitted the rest of the Pokémon.

I bought the DLC because I thought it was going to be a decent experience but my experience with the Isle of Armor they just crammed alot of old gen pokemon inside the game for me to catch. I didn't buy the DLC to catch old pokemon lol I had bought it to get a new adventure. The only pokemon game that they got almost right was Heart Gold an Soul Silver which is arguably the best Pokémon game ever made also the only one where you had 2 regions to travel.
it's not even wanting them to be able to be captured in sword and shield. For me just being able to use them would be nice...
speaking of which
WHY THE FUCK IS POKEMON HOME 15.99?

Reactions: Xandrid

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you already bought it then may as well play it, pokemon in both Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra can be traded even if you didn't buy the expansion pass, with Crown Tundra they did introduce few more legends and few Galarian form legends, you probably not going to like the idea of returning legends in the max lairs.

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hayato213
I hate the max layers if I remember correctly if a Pokémon get KO 4 times you get kicked out of the layer and all of my partners Pokémon always dies. Maybe I'm the only one but I feel like you shouldn't be able to catch legendary Pokémon at all it kinda defeats the purpose of a Pokémon being so legendary being caught by an inexperienced trainer. Same thing applied to Leon being undefeated for 10 years and losing to a rookie. Nintendo really need to improve on their writing skills because no way a trainer can gain that much experience to beat a veteran champion. It would have been alot better if Leon retired and Hop became the champion and you beated hop since the levels of experience is kinda the same.

@monkeyman4412
I actually bought the pokemon home for $15,99 the catch was I needed the premium version if I wanted to trade 3DS Pokémon over to my Pokémon Sword Cartridge. They don't let you do it on the free one. Also for the national dex I think it is hard to remaster all of those Pokémon which is why they did little by little in the DLC which again makes zero sense of why all legendary Pokémon would be on 1 island. Pokémon gets boring very quick because there is little to do once you beat the game but they should have remaster all the Pokémon by now to compete competitively online.

D

Deleted User

@monkeyman4412
I actually bought the pokemon home for $15,99 the catch was I needed the premium version if I wanted to trade 3DS Pokémon over to my Pokémon Sword Cartridge. They don't let you do it on the free one. Also for the national dex I think it is hard to remaster all of those Pokémon which is why they did little by little in the DLC which again makes zero sense of why all legendary Pokémon would be on 1 island. Pokémon gets boring very quick because there is little to do once you beat the game but they should have remaster all the Pokémon by now to compete competitively online.
REMASTER?!
hello?!
There was no remastering. The only change was a slight resolution bump on the textures. There was nothing to tiny changed about the models. Like as in, they are exactly the same as the 3ds models. Which if you didn't know, where already HD in detail for tri count.
And it's not like "oh they are so similar"
No NOT EVEN CLOSE
exact, same, tri placement. Exact 1 to 1 tris. That is humanly impossible, due to the fact modeling essentially has a human touch to it. If you make a model from the ground up, it will ALWAYS be slightly different. Which means, yes, all those old Pokemon that are returning without a form change into sw/sh are the same models as the 3ds ones.

Last edited by ,

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
sword and shield is... baffling bad. The pop in is so extreme it's a joke. There is some seriously questionable framerate drops in places where there is nothing happening. The story is... meh. Like it's even more predictable than before somehow. Oh, and did I forget lack of polish? Like, seeing mouse cursors during pre render cut scenes? And no those cursors aren't in world.[/QUOTE

well, it was rushed to hell, what’d you expect?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol