PS1/2 No sound when playing Klonoa 2 on HD Advance 2.1

TSP184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello. I tried to play Klonoa 2 - Lunatea’s Veil using an HD Advance 2.1 disc, and the game runs fine. The only problem is that there is no sound from the game, except for the music and the characters speaking during cutscenes. I tried every mode, but nothing worked. Does anybody know what the problem could be ?

TSP184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, I didn’t know it existed. Will I need to soft mod my PS2 in order to install it ?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
No, I didn’t know it existed. Will I need to soft mod my PS2 in order to install it ?

Yes. I'd suggest looking around at PS2 softmodding to familiarize yourself with it.

In terms of loading/installation, there are a few free options available depending on the model.
https://www.psx-place.com/forums/free-mcboot.78/

For example, if you have a Fat Model with a HDD adapter, you could use FHDB and then install FMCB (the latter not required but recommended as it's faster to boot).

TSP184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes. I'd suggest looking around at PS2 softmodding to familiarize yourself with it.

In terms of loading/installation, there are a few free options available depending on the model.
https://www.psx-place.com/forums/free-mcboot.78/

For example, if you have a Fat Model with a HDD adapter, you could use FHDB and then install FMCB (the latter not required but recommended as it's faster to boot).
Understood. I’ll try to softmod it as soon as possible. Thanks a lot.

Edit : I checked The Great PS2 AIO Guide, and since I’ll use FHDB, do I have to format my HDD, or can I just install FMCBInstaller immediately without losing the HDD’s contents ?

Last edited by TSP184,

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Understood. I’ll try to softmod it as soon as possible. Thanks a lot.

Edit : I checked The Great PS2 AIO Guide, and since I’ll use FHDB, do I have to format my HDD, or can I just install FMCBInstaller immediately without losing the HDD’s contents ?

Depends on the method you use.

If you write the raw FHDB image to disk then that will wipe it, so you’d either have to backup the HDD first, use a different spare HDD or use an alternative method to boot the installer

If however you use a different method to launch the installer, you can nondestructively install FHDB.

I just noticed that the guide isn’t 100% with every possible method, for example, I used Action Replay Max to install FMCB.

It also seems to be out of date for FreeDVDBoot as some fat models are supported:
https://github.com/CTurt/FreeDVDBoot#phat-consoles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol