"No Signal" coming from Acer Veriton S460. Help?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Pandaxclone2, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Pandaxclone2
    OP

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    noun; a particular place or position.
    I've been wracking my brain attempting to fix this one. The computer boots up fine judging from the fan running, LED glowing and hard-disk drive initialising, but no matter what I do it does not give a signal to the monitor. I have tried:
    • Reseating and replacing the RAM several times.
    • Making sure the connections inside the tower are correctly connected.
    • Replacing the VGA cord with 3-4 different ones.
    • Added a standard video card with a VGA port to the motherboard and tried all the cables on that.
    • Used 3 different monitors to make sure it isn't just the single monitor.
    • Heck, I even went ahead and replaced the motherboard with an identical one from another Acer Veriton S460, and that didn't even help in the slightest.
    None of the above has helped me in getting a display running from the tower to a monitor. If you know of any other methods or even possibly what might be wrong, please let me know.

2. raystriker

raystriker Alpha PC Builder

Dec 28, 2011
    India
    Bloomington
    Are you sure your PSU is alright? Since you've tried everything else, I can only think of a faulty PSU

Last edited by raystriker, Dec 17, 2015
  3. Pandaxclone2
    OP

Aug 17, 2015
    How would I check for the PSU being faulty? It doesn't seem like anything is wrong with it since power is running into it and the computer turns on. I'll keep it in mind however.

It turns out something was wrong with the motherboard. Thank you for helping.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2, Dec 17, 2015
  4. raystriker

raystriker Alpha PC Builder

Dec 28, 2011
    India
    Bloomington
    but didn't you try motherboards from different computers of the same build/type?

5. Pandaxclone2
    OP

Aug 17, 2015
    Miscommunication there. Me and a friend were working on it and he told me it was the motherboard but it was actually that the computer would only take one stick of RAM and not two. I'm not quite sure if that's actually the case though or if it's the motherboard since I took a break from it and came back finding out it works.