No red light when power off and wont read back up's or org...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by gummerz, Jun 7, 2008.

1. gummerz
    OP

gummerz Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2007
    hi i sent my wii off to a friend of a friends to mod my wii i got told "he was pro" hhmm biggest mistake of the year first time i got it back didnt play back ups but played org games so i sent him it back and now it wont play org or back ups, yay i wanna kill the guy!! so now forget him i will try repair this myself this what i got now is no red light when on standby im going to buy the right driver bits to undo the case as i been reading for last 4 or 5 hours on what could be the problem am i right to think its the wrong chip and the no red light is down to power?

2. Koekje

Koekje GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    Netherlands
    In CookieHeaven!
    I'm afraid he isn't very Pro... I guess he messed up your Wii inside, don't be shocked if you see a mess inside when you open it. I think he messed up something with the dvd-drive, so that declares why it won't read discs. (Maybe he did something wrong with the soldering, too much tin or something) I suggest you go back to him personally and ask for a new Wii or that he fixes it 100%!

3. gummerz
    OP

gummerz Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2007
    hey ty for your reply i got the wii back up and working with org games again his soldering skills are how can i put "retarded" solder all over the place, so i removed as much soilder as i could. now i need to buy the correct chip and install it :s im pal and my serial is leh1087xxxx anyone recomend a chip? i not a expert at soldering myself so less wires the better on small chips ect and wheres the best place to buy from? thanks for all your help i will follow all the tutorials after this [​IMG]

4. Richy Freeway

Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2006
    Do yourself a favour and find an installer to do it for you. If your soldering skills aren't up to scratch you could make things worse.

For the sake of spending another £30 you'll have peace of mind that the jobs been done properly.

5. gummerz
    OP

gummerz Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2007
    im from leeds, england i dont know anyone who could install one for me :s ive been asking my friends for long time if they knew of anybody [​IMG]

6. E-kin

E-kin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2008
    United States
    Maybe Adapter is brokens

7. OrcMonkey©

OrcMonkey© Banned

Banned
    Aug 5, 2007
    agree

8. Arch Feline

Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    United States
    There are repair shops in Australia that accept and return delivered Wii's. Canada may also have some. Techsick has a web page and Ozmodchips is a gbatemp member. but it sounds as though you have gotten it working already.

You might want to buy a modchip that has been soldiered onto a clip. This clip hass a rubber cap that fits onto that square prism in the centerand arms with soldier points to the chip. A number of places sell the two soldered together.

9. ocdetective

ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 19, 2008
    Malaysia
    Going by your serial number you have a DMS Wii with the legs on the drive pins most likely not cut so you could always use a solderless wiikey (wiikey with wiiclip) as already suggested by Arch Feline

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice