No power light since power cut

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by arogance1, Mar 18, 2011.

Mar 18, 2011
  1. arogance1
    OP

Member arogance1 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    We had a power cut that lasted around 15mins.
    When the power came back on, the power won't come on to the Wii.

I have a Wii Remote changing station that plugs into the power socket of the wii and shares its power, but even thats not on.

Do you think the power pack may have blown or will it help to leave it unplugged for a while and see if that helps?

2. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    I've had this problem and by reading the Offical Ninty Wii Forums it's a security feature.

1. You must unplug everything from your Wii including the power supply, sensor, a/v cable and even unplug everything from the wall nothing should be plugged in.

2. Let stand for 2-4 hours and then your good. My friend has this tool that tests if power if properly going to the said device not sure what's called but if you use it on your wii power cord it will show it still gets power. Just that big brick looking thing in the middle of the power cord acts like a surge protector so even if your wii is plugged into a surge protect it's designed to shut off the rest of the wii befor it fries anything else. Worse case scenario is your power cord is friend but highly unlikely

3. arogance1
    OP

Member arogance1 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Cool, I'll give that a try then.
    Thanks

4. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Not sure if it is that exact tool, but you can use a multimeter/ohmmeter (same thing, 2 diff names).