Hardware No place for a wrist strap?

Moose13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, this may seem like a small issue for most, but I have 2 kids (7 & 9). They both have DS lites. And they both use their wrist straps (purchased seperately) religiously. This is a big help from accidental drops. I even have a DS lite myself, and play it on the subway. The wrist strap saved my DS a couple of times, when people bumped into me on the NYC subway.

I just got a 3DS and my kids of course want to play it, which I let them, but only while I'm around. My little one is saving all his pennies to get one himslef (he's nearly there).

I think Nintendo made a mistake not including a place to attach a wrist strap/lanyard.
Did I miss it? Is it just me that's bothered by this?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
It took me 20 minutes to find it. Look in the BOTTOM LEFT and BOTTOM right on the bottom part of the 3DS, there are two spots on each corner for one.

I think it's really awkward but it can still get the job done.

EDIT: I would post pics but I gotta go. If you are having trouble (they don't really look like wrist strap holes), look at the headphone jack. Then look left, and right. you'll see one on either side.

Assax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is one, to the right of the plug for Headphones.
Next to the LED that tells you that your 3DS is charging.

Edit: Ninja'd
ph34r.gif

Assax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Schlupi said:
Assax said:

ph34r.gif

There is not one on the top near the LED, that's why it's so confusing. it LOOKS like one at first glance but that isn't it.

Why on top?
I meant the same two slots as you, but I only saw the one right to the Headphone jack, there are two LEDS the one that shows you that the power is turned on and right next to it the little one which is orange and is lit up while its charging. To the right of those on the bottom right corner is the hole for the strap
tongue.gif

Probably got me wrong there.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Assax said:
Schlupi said:
Assax said:

ph34r.gif

There is not one on the top near the LED, that's why it's so confusing. it LOOKS like one at first glance but that isn't it.

Why on top?
I meant the same two slots as you, but I only saw the one right to the Headphone jack, there are two LEDS the one that shows you that the power is turned on and right next to it the little one which is orange and is lit up while its charging. To the right of those on the bottom right corner is the hole for the strap
tongue.gif

Probably got me wrong there.

Lol! You're right. I forgot there were LEDs on the bottom.
tongue.gif

You're right.

Moose13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick responses. I don't have it with me, but will check when I get home.

Wow, there's two spots (great for left/right handed users)? I must be blind!

Thanks guys.

ehayes427

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
It took me 20 minutes to find it. Look in the BOTTOM LEFT and BOTTOM right on the bottom part of the 3DS, there are two spots on each corner for one.

I think it's really awkward but it can still get the job done.

EDIT: I would post pics but I gotta go. If you are having trouble (they don't really look like wrist strap holes), look at the headphone jack. Then look left, and right. you'll see one on either side.

Thanks guy!! I would have NEVER known they were there if you didn't say!

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Moose13 said:
Thanks for the great input to this thread. Maybe I don't have THE FUCKING MANUAL.

Thanks for caring.
How can you not have the manual? Did you buy your 3DS used from some flea market? I don't believe it at all. It sounds like pure laziness to me.

QUOTE(Presto99 @ May 3 2011, 05:42 PM) Nintendo3DS User Manual

There you go.
LOLOL. That's awesome man.

Edit: I hadn't even clicked the link yet, but I just knew you had done a LMGTFY.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
I get so annoyed when people don't READ THE FUCKING MANUAL!!! They have no excuse for asking stupid ass questions.

Me too, but in my case the manual and cards were messing from the 3ds' box
frown.gif

Nintendo wanted me to return my 3ds to them, just so i get a manual and the AR cards. Screw that. I got a problem-free 3ds. I went out bought thick paper and printed my own cards. Nintendo phone support, confirms some 3ds made it threw packaging w/o the box being inspected enough.

Has the the manual, if you have access to the internet surely you can find a copy. PDFs for pretty much all tech is post online.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
I get so annoyed when people don't READ THE FUCKING MANUAL!!! They have no excuse for asking stupid ass questions.

What a jackass reply. What help are you. Who reads manuals anyway. That is what this community is for.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
impizkit said:
DeadlyFoez said:

What a jackass reply. What help are you. Who reads manuals anyway. That is what this community is for.

Appparently, about 90% of 3DS users actually opened their manual. The rest just said, "imma open a topic for basic things cuz i dun wanna read!"

It's understandable if your 3DS didn't come with a manual of course, but then there is the case that there is the exact same manual online for free.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
impizkit said:
DeadlyFoez said:

Yeah manuals are for n00bs I so smart yeah! /n00b
No seriously, you think the community is for asking qeustions?
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo