Hardware No pins missing. Failed to initiate sd card.

Sloggy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For at least the last 4 I've been trying to install my nsp that caused a lot of headaches. Couldn't install nsp that I knew worked on new 400GB sd card. I had reformat a couple times so I decided to just put them on the root of SD card and just install from sd instead of USB. My game files stayed but the CFW files kept on getting deleted so in and out the sd card went until the message. Awhile prior to this I got the message bought new SD card reader because I thought that was the problem but it wasn't also tried two my other brother had. Noticed a little pressure fixed it then a little more and a little more till this. I know I shouldn't have done that but I wanted to play. I looked but found no answer. At least my brother gave me his unpatched on since he seen all those days wasted and I also got a lite and my carts but I just really want to find out how to fix this or just the problem. Any help is appreciated. I was also using latest firmware and atmosphere with vanilla latest sig patches.

Attachments

• 20201015_002941.jpg
    20201015_002941.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 179
  • 20201015_002916.jpg
    20201015_002916.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 155

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
you push it and it works , you don't see a pin missing.
there are cases like yours , a pin may be in place but NOT in contact with the board , it's probably a fragile one who with time will be pushed out.

Avinitlarge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had one a couple of days ago that wouldn’t see an SD card, the pins on the motherboard connector were ever so slightly pushed inwards. I used a scalpel blade to push them out slightly, worked fine afterwards

Reactions: mitcha

Sloggy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks you both for the replys. I'll see if I can see any pin like that. But this time I'm not going to waste that much time since my brother gave me his unpatched. I did see a site that says the fix switch if all else fails ill send it to them and get it fix.Thank you guy very much ill update about what I did

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For at least the last 4 I've been trying to install my nsp that caused a lot of headaches. Couldn't install nsp that I knew worked on new 400GB sd card. I had reformat a couple times so I decided to just put them on the root of SD card and just install from sd instead of USB. My game files stayed but the CFW files kept on getting deleted so in and out the sd card went until the message. Awhile prior to this I got the message bought new SD card reader because I thought that was the problem but it wasn't also tried two my other brother had. Noticed a little pressure fixed it then a little more and a little more till this. I know I shouldn't have done that but I wanted to play. I looked but found no answer. At least my brother gave me his unpatched on since he seen all those days wasted and I also got a lite and my carts but I just really want to find out how to fix this or just the problem. Any help is appreciated. I was also using latest firmware and atmosphere with vanilla latest sig patches.
Just to rule out the possibility of a fake SD card, where did you buy it?

Sloggy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the 400 gb on Amazon its a SanDisk. All the other ones I have are from Walmart that I physically bought. Those ones are 128. I was starting to do a I think a error check when windows asked to do one when I inserted it. I canceled it 2 hours in with more than 10 left. I did check to see if it was a fake before I bought since I was a suckered and bought one of those 500 gb from wish. I'll find a program to scan it. I do get the 1bit when I had the 400 in. I'll try the 128 and see. When the scan gets done ill report back.

studio1b

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you just answered your own question.
You said that hekate gets the 1 bit mode
this means the following : https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/issues/467

"Yes the only options are:

Repair the connector or use the alternative on vídeo. a Hardware error can't be solved on software, if the SD doesn't have any of the Serial communications pins, will work on a 1-bit mode there is nothing to do."

I have seen like 2 or 3 switches with the same problem. mostly the 1st launch ones with the 2 diffrent color joycons

Last edited by studio1b,

Sloggy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone. I was trying my other spare sd card readers and when I was trying to set it in I knew immediately I snapped one of the pins off. So at this moment I'm going to contact a company I seen online to fix it since I can't. Or if anyone knows a reliable place.

Mr_Twii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Hi All,

Me too have a problem with SD card reader. ( SX Core installed, didnt manage to get full nand dump so removed chip and now using OFW, soldered flex on CPU still on )
straight after install it would pick boot.dat just from second boot long story short after lots of swapping sd cards Switch cant accsess sd card. Checked connector on PCB looks good, tryed new sd reader slot and i get same result. So found some info that middle two pins (Top row from the bottom of the consol) should get 3.3V and looks like i dount get thous 3.3V on thous pins... Any advice where to look for a problem?

Thank you

Last edited by Mr_Twii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr