Hacking no output to tv (using emmummc and stock)?

Shadow_Boss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,

It's been a long time since I plugged my switch into my dock, but I do know it worked prior to installing CFW. I'm running Atmosphere 0.9.4 on ofw 9.0.1 (first time installing cfw). The last time I plugged in my switch to the dock would have been probably during 8.0 or maybe earlier than that even. (North American version)

Nothing appears to be broken on my switch, it charges perfectly fine, the dock green light turns on when the switch is awaken from sleep. My Sony x900e tv automatically detects it on HDMI port 2 it shows it as Player1(Nintendo Switch) or something like that.

What's interesting is I went into my tv external input settings and set it so that only active ports are shown. Arc 3 for my receiver is lit and that's it. HDMI port 2 is not (aside from the Player1 notification).

I turn off tv put the switch back in and turn on tv, still nada.

I've followed nintendo's how to connect a dock to tv guide, nada.

I've plugged it into my sony receiver, as soon as i dock the switch my tv again reverts back to HDMI 2 (instead of staying on Arc) so that's gotta mean its being detected, right?

Any help is greatly appreciated it!

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try messing with the tv resolution on the switch. If that doesn’t work, do you know someone with a switch and working setup. If so, I would start by testing their switch on your setup and your switch on their setup. This will help narrow down if it’s the switch itself of just a cable, receiver, tv, or dock issue.

Reactions: Shadow_Boss

Shadow_Boss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try messing with the tv resolution on the switch. If that doesn’t work, do you know someone with a switch and working setup. If so, I would start by testing their switch on your setup and your switch on their setup. This will help narrow down if it’s the switch itself of just a cable, receiver, tv, or dock issue.

that's a solid idea. I forgot we can even mess with the resolution. I live in the sticks (tears) I'll drive out to the city and see if I can meet up with someone who's got a switch or hit up a bestbuy demo unit.

Thanks!

Shadow_Boss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Couldn't find anyone available with a Switch, but I managed to get to a best buy and bought the insignia docking bay and it works! so my dock is just dead for no apparent reason other than maybe it collected dust in the usb-c port? lol anyways thanks for the help!

anyone who comes across this thread please do NOT BUY THE NYKO docking station. It uses 9volts on the usb port and that will brick your Switch that uses no more than 6volts. The insignia one works perfectly.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/insignia-dock-kit-for-nintendo-switch-only-at-best-buy/12302274

Both stock and atmosphere are working with tv display.

strider009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had this exact issue last week and was about to buy a new dock.

Before you do, clean the dust in the dock contacts that the switch plugs into.. worked for me.

Couldn't find anyone available with a Switch, but I managed to get to a best buy and bought the insignia docking bay and it works! so my dock is just dead for no apparent reason other than maybe it collected dust in the usb-c port? lol anyways thanks for the help!

anyone who comes across this thread please do NOT BUY THE NYKO docking station. It uses 9volts on the usb port and that will brick your Switch that uses no more than 6volts. The insignia one works perfectly.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/insignia-dock-kit-for-nintendo-switch-only-at-best-buy/12302274

Both stock and atmosphere are working with tv display.

Reactions: Shadow_Boss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there