heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sspreviewfifa123dsroone.jpg

The Nintendo 3DS version of FIFA 12 does not feature online play, EA has confirmed.

In a press release issued this week EA said the game had "head-to-head online", which allows you to "play local online against a friend in authentic 11 versus 11 matches or five versus five street games using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection".

That caused some fans to believe the game features proper online play. Not so.

"Currently, we only have local head-to-head play, but server-based online is certainly something we would be looking at in the future," producer Matt Prior told Nintendo World Report.

The news is sure to disappoint handheld FIFA fans, and comes as a surprise: the Nintendo DS version of FIFA 11 featured online play.

Additionally, the 3DS version does not make use of the console's StreetPass or SpotPass features.

The EA Canada-developed game has new touchscreen controls, though, that allow users to shoot from the player's viewpoint using the lower touch screen and then finesse the shot. During set pieces you can draw a shot that curves the ball around walls.

The game is described as having "the largest feature set ever developed by EA Sports for a handheld football game".

The new 3D Street Football Mode implements a curved pitch and "unique" lower camera view that is said to maximise 3D planes. This, EA said, enables games to "experience the depth of the field and player movement with full 3D effects". [/p]

Seriously what the fuck, yet again another developer abandons online play. Why is nearly every developer not implanting online, games like rigid racer, PES and now fifa could have easily added online play. Just outlandish.

I thought 3DS was suppose to have an improved online support....

Source

Z

Zorua

The fuck?
I clearly remember that Nintendo said that they're going to focus on 3DS online and make it the best on any ninty console but this is a big blow.
Why the hell did they do this?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WHAT THE FUCK?

First the PSP loses FIFA online in FIFA 11.I was thinking the 3DS would bring this back... this sucks.

But the free kick system sounds cool.
Hope this has online squad update like the consoles.
Still launch purchase by me

XtremeCore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
"Currently, we only have local head-to-head play, but server-based online is certainly something we would be looking at in the future," producer Matt Prior told Nintendo World Report.

In another words,

QUOTEPlease do not buy FIFA 12 for 3DS. Buy future FIFA titles for 3DS.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XtremeCore said:
QUOTE said:

In another words,

QUOTEPlease do not buy FIFA 12 for 3DS. Buy future FIFA titles for 3DS.
lol why would anybody buy FIFA over PES now? the only reason I got FIFA over PES on psp in 2010 was for online.Without online PES is 10x better than FIFA anyday

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Frankenstein Tank said:
Well, that sucks. Destroying the computer 10-0 gets old real fast. Online at least provided some real competition.

Playing on legendary should fix that problem.

Fifa on legendary defends better than anyone I have played online.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thegame07 said:
Frankenstein Tank said:
Well, that sucks. Destroying the computer 10-0 gets old real fast. Online at least provided some real competition.

Nope it doesnt help in FIFA.( I can win 4-0 to 6-0 on legendary on FIFA PC, PSP and Wii)
PES Top Player is a different story though.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
thegame07 said:
Frankenstein Tank said:

Nope it doesnt help in FIFA.( I can win 4-0 to 6-0 on legendary on FIFA PC, PSP and Wii)

Well try going a crap team
biggrin.gif

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thegame07 said:
Rockstar said:
thegame07 said:
Frankenstein Tank said:

Well try going a crap team
biggrin.gif
Its not fun then if you dont use your fave players
tongue.gif

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh, I see.

A game about competing has no Online Multi.

I suggest that y'all FIFA players set some bear traps around your houses to catch players, just to have them close-by at all times.

Fun. Next!

Not that I'm an Online Whore. Quite the opposite. I just believe that some games *require* online head-to-head while others can live without such a mode. This one *clearly* requires Online Multi. Whoever thought that this is a good idea should smack his/her head againts the wall a few times, and if that doesn't help, leave the industry in shame. It's not like it'd require a whole lot of effort - it's WFC that handles such connections - they needn't buy run servers themselves. Nintendo must've put a hefty price for using their servers.

XtremeCore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:
3DS has let me down more than any other thing in my entire life.

I will KEEP MY MONEY thank you for nothing Nintendo. You have really started to SUCK ASS.

LOL. Have you even read the article? It's EA's fault for not implementing online functionality, not Nintendo's.

Nintendo have done everything they can to promote the online functionality through StreetPass and SpotPass. It's up to developers whether they want to use these functionalities or not.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not trying to troll, honestly.
but it's just one game that doesn't have wifi multiplayer. why is everyone whining? >.>

anyone who is a "real" FIFA fan will own this on a console, and play it online on their 360/PS3.

why would you buy a game for a handheld primarily for wifi multiplayer when the handheld itself isn't even that great? if you really want to play it online, get it on a real system.
nonfanboys gonna not hate?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shabutie78 said:
not trying to troll, honestly.
but it's just one game that doesn't have wifi multiplayer. why is everyone whining? >.>

anyone who is a "real" FIFA fan will own this on a console, and play it online on their 360/PS3.

why would you buy a game for a handheld primarily for wifi multiplayer when the handheld itself isn't even that great? if you really want to play it online, get it on a real system.
nonfanboys gonna not hate?
I am a real FIFA/PES fan but dont have a 360 or PS3.I can only play on my DS, 3DS, PSP or Wii.Im acttually digging PES on Wii and the 3DS was a one day purchase for me because i thought it would be more online based than the DS but no its not.PES and FIFA are the best pick up and play games ever so no online sucks.Especially on FIFA because its so easy a baby can win 2-0 on Legendary mode

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
I am a real FIFA/PES fan but dont have a 360 or PS3.I can only play on my DS, 3DS, PSP or Wii.Im acttually digging PES on Wii and the 3DS was a one day purchase for me because i thought it would be more online based than the DS but no its not.PES and FIFA are the best pick up and play games ever so no online sucks.Especially on FIFA because its so easy a baby can win 2-0 on Legendary mode
is said baby required to know the rules of soccer prior to attempting this feat?
because i've tried to get into FIFA games, they look fun and all, but since i don't know the rules of soccer (i'm guessing), i suck at soccer games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr