Gaming No more Wiis until the end of March?

Hooya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a rumor I heard from someone I shouldn't trust at all (an EB Games employee). He said Nintendo wasn't sending out any more Wiis until the end of the month to do a kind of nation-wide re-launch.

Anyone else heard anything even remotely similar?

It doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint for Nintendo, it's not like they need publicity or to encourage more interest in the console or anything...

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
key words "eb games employee", i wouldn't believe it, nintendo will crank em through the retailers as soon as they are ready to go, a relaunch would be stupid considering how many people are still eager to buy

Hooya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I thought it might just be EB stocking up for a month or something. The same guy didn't know about the supposed Wii sales for Target and Toys R Us this weekend either.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
Just a rumor I heard from someone I shouldn't trust at all (an EB Games employee). He said Nintendo wasn't sending out any more Wiis until the end of the month to do a kind of nation-wide re-launch.

Anyone else heard anything even remotely similar?

It doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint for Nintendo, it's not like they need publicity or to encourage more interest in the console or anything...
Software Etc. (Gamestop affiliate) employee said they're getting 3 Wiis a week. And he had no reason to lie.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is possible that Nintendo are going to give (well sell) consoles in similar numbers to the launch figures soon. (Which was about 200 per large store in the UK). Its what I heard as a employee somewhere
wink.gif
I heard they are planning a "they are now back in stock" type of campaign!

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Personally, I think a "Wii is back in stores!" campaign would work well in the UK considering a certain console is launching in a couple of weeks...

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if it's too late in buying the Wii that's okay to mod? I still haven't got one and I'm sure by the time I buy one, it will have it's board changed to something different to not allow mod chips to be installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.