No more Wiis until the end of March?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hooya, Mar 5, 2007.

Mar 5, 2007
  1. Hooya
    OP

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Just a rumor I heard from someone I shouldn't trust at all (an EB Games employee). He said Nintendo wasn't sending out any more Wiis until the end of the month to do a kind of nation-wide re-launch.

Anyone else heard anything even remotely similar?

It doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint for Nintendo, it's not like they need publicity or to encourage more interest in the console or anything...

2. kristijan08

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    key words "eb games employee", i wouldn't believe it, nintendo will crank em through the retailers as soon as they are ready to go, a relaunch would be stupid considering how many people are still eager to buy

3. Hooya
    OP

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yeah, I thought it might just be EB stocking up for a month or something. The same guy didn't know about the supposed Wii sales for Target and Toys R Us this weekend either.

4. Golin

Member Golin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Software Etc. (Gamestop affiliate) employee said they're getting 3 Wiis a week. And he had no reason to lie.

5. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    It is possible that Nintendo are going to give (well sell) consoles in similar numbers to the launch figures soon. (Which was about 200 per large store in the UK). Its what I heard as a employee somewhere [​IMG] I heard they are planning a "they are now back in stock" type of campaign!

6. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    Personally, I think a "Wii is back in stores!" campaign would work well in the UK considering a certain console is launching in a couple of weeks...

7. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I wonder if it's too late in buying the Wii that's okay to mod? I still haven't got one and I'm sure by the time I buy one, it will have it's board changed to something different to not allow mod chips to be installed.