No More Twinkies :( -Hostess to go out of Business

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew unions were evil

Except that isn't accurate. The evidence suggests that the company was heading for bankruptcy whether or not workers accepted the terms of the deal - while the top executives were receiving huge pay raises. This appears to be "vulture capitalism" in action.

Plus, if a company has to manipulate and screw over its employees to stay afloat, then it should be allowed to fail. Hopefully these workers can find new employment soon enough.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like the twinkle kid is going to the big old twinkle coral in the sky who's going join him next? little debbie?

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was at our local grocery outlet yesterday where I saw 2 guys grabbing 3 cases each of the 24 packs and one of them had a box of dingdongs, or zingers I couldn't tell from the distance. Probably on eBay by now.

We also have a Hostess outlet store a few blocks down and the store was swamped with people lined up to the street buying whatever they can. People were saying they were gonna turn around and sell them to other people for $10 a pop.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Welp, time to stock up.

5jUMR.jpg

But in all seriousness, the brand will be bought by another company (I'm going to say Kraft Foods, because I like the sound of that name), and Twinkies will live on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night