No More Twinkies :( -Hostess to go out of Business

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 18,000 union workers didn't want to take an 8% pay cut to save the company I hope they're happy with the 100% pay cut they got and total loss of benefits in a pretty rough economy

That way of thinking swings both ways, why couldn't the white collar employees take a pay reduction, you know some of them get paid tons of money.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
The 18,000 union workers didn't want to take an 8% pay cut to save the company I hope they're happy with the 100% pay cut they got and total loss of benefits in a pretty rough economy

Yeah, because the livelihood of 18,000 union workers are just a necessary risk, as long as you can keep that yellow sponge flowing off the line. Gimme a break. It's not the responsibility of the bottom rung to make sure the company doesn't tank.

Reactions: Old8oy and Gahars

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, because the livelihood of 18,000 union workers are just a necessary risk, as long as you can keep that yellow sponge flowing off the line. Gimme a break. It's not the responsibility of the bottom rung to make sure the company doesn't tank.
Personally, I think the bakers should have just stopped striking. I'm looking at it like haggling in a way - they tried to get a better offer but they demanded too much and now they are at a big loss because of it. Not only that, but because of the bakers, all the other employees have lost jobs.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Is it bad that I've never eaten a Twinkie and that their closing is the only motivation I have to eat one before they're gone forever?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I mean they're gross but if we didn't eat food that was incredibly processed and disgusting then we'd be very sad people.

AKA vegans.
This may seem like trolling to people who don't actually know vegans, so...

One of my friends is vegetarian, and one is a vegan.
Even the vegan feels sorry for himself.

Fuck, it was hard enough to go out to lunch with the vegetarian in a small town. Sometimes we just didn't even feel like putting forth the effort to find places that serve something without meat, and just grabbed a damn snickers from a vending machine on campus.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may seem like trolling to people who don't actually know vegans, so...

One of my friends is vegetarian, and one is a vegan.
Even the vegan feels sorry for himself.

Fuck, it was hard enough to go out to lunch with the vegetarian in a small town. Sometimes we just didn't even feel like putting forth the effort to find places that serve something without meat, and just grabbed a damn snickers from a vending machine on campus.

Well as a vegetarian my entire life who lives in a somewhat vegan household, let me say, it's not fun.

The stuff you can substitute is fine (I actually prefer soy milk over regular milk, vegan mayo over regular mayo, vegan butter over regular butter, etc) but the stuff you can't is unforgivable.

Two words: no cheese.

Reactions: Gahars

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well as a vegetarian my entire life who lives in a somewhat vegan household, let me say, it's not fun.

The stuff you can substitute is fine (I actually prefer soy milk over regular milk, vegan mayo over regular mayo, vegan butter over regular butter, etc) but the stuff you can't is unforgivable.

Two words: no cheese.
Meat and cheese were the biggest issues with finding food while out and about. He ordered a pizza once, and it was just bread, sauce, and mushrooms.

While in a more stable setting it's not that bad. Helped that he had a nice garden out back with potatoes and apples and junk.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew unions were evil

61479_10152257831015368_420747231_n.jpg

Reactions: plasma dragon007

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad I'm not the only person who knows the joys of cultivating a nice junk tree.

Junk tree- such things are for amateurs and posers; junk hedgerows, junk ground elder and any type of junk bush that covers the ground up to neck height is where it is at.

Re: 8% pay cut.... for the average factory/service job I doubt the 8% is going to a series of fancy holidays or proper savings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)