Gaming No More Metroid?

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some little smart a$$ 12 year old at gamestop was trying to tell me how much better the xbox was than the wii..

I have both, and I just think there is more variety of gametypes for the Wii, and that generally they are just fun (I have four young kids, so this may sway my perspective).. I told him I thought that most xbox games are all the same first person shooter style (just my very limited opinion)..

Anyway, he talked about how without mario there would be no nintendo.. I said what about donkey kong? Zelda? Metroid?

He said there would be no more metroid games.. Any truth to that? I haven't read it anywhere.. I really like the metroid series..

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jehuty25 said:
I also like the wii because it isn't flooded with shooters like the other two consoles.
Yeah, instead of brown shooters, the Wii gets shovelware galore! Hooray!
glare.gif

Every system has its downfall. It just so happens that the PS3 and 360 have the same downsides.

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Jehuty25 said:
I also like the wii because it isn't flooded with shooters like the other two consoles.
Yeah, instead of brown shooters, the Wii gets shovelware galore! Hooray!
glare.gif

Every system has its downfall. It just so happens that the PS3 and 360 have the same downsides.
I never said the wii was perfect lol

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The truth is that to experience the full gaming package, you need to have every single console for each generation and a fat-ass PC.

Let's face it - there's plenty to choose from:

* The PS3 has the EyeToy, the awesome SIX-AXIS pads and the Move to please your tilting/waggling/waving/hardcore gaming needs. The console proved to pass the test of time and has a massive games library to choose from. Not only that, the console also serves well as a DVD/BluRay player for all your movie needs.

* The Wii is called the "kids friendly" console, but that's not always the case. It offers plenty of mature games aswell, and in my honest opinion, offers THE best motion controls package with an off-hand gyro in the Nunchuck, the standard gyro's in the WiiMote and the additional tilting gyro's in the Plus. Not only that, you also get to use the balance board in some games, and if you prefere using the standard pad, Gamecube pads or the Classic Controller say hello. There's plenty-fancy of titles to choose from, both for the younger and the older audiences and despite the technological obseleteness and graphics inferior to stronger consoles, it's just fun to play on, and that's the point in gaming.

* The XBox360 is somewhere in-between. While it's not as powerful as the PS3, it also has a great library of games, superior Online mode (even though you have to pay for the subscription) and of course the newest addition - the Kinect. It is truly the Multimedia Hub it is advertised as, especially taking the LIVE connectivity into conscideration.

* The PC... is the PC. Always the most expensive way to do gaming, but also the most efficient one. You can use pads, you can use motion controlls, but for an MMO or a nice shooter, nothing's better then the Keyboard+Mouse combo. If you can *afford* it, no console will ever beat the graphics of a High-End PC.

* The 3DS... you have Glasses-less 3D. Ain't that just rad?

*The PSP - massive library of titles, decent graphics, low price. GOOD portable.

*PSVita - Not out yet, but from what we've all seen already, there is ALOT to wait for.

Each of those platforms has exclusive titles, of course. Each is worth buying and playing on.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
no there's not an end to metroid..
nintendo decides where metroid goes... not some 12 year old xbox hungry 5ag that grew up on just xbox shooters....

the 3DS has just been released, there was a metroid tech demo so we should get an announcement for metroid 3DS soon, also there's talk about metroid coming to Wii-U which doesnt come out until nextyear.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
The truth is that to experience the full gaming package, you need to have every single console for each generation and a fat-ass PC.

Is there really that much between the 360 and the PS3? To my mind. they're pretty much identical. I've got a 360, but there's nothing I'd look at in either of their games libraries and go "Wow, I must have that machine otherwise I wouldn't be able to play xxx"

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Foxi4 said:

Is there really that much between the 360 and the PS3? To my mind. they're pretty much identical. I've got a 360, but there's nothing I'd look at in either of their games libraries and go "Wow, I must have that machine otherwise I wouldn't be able to play xxx"
That is what seperates the Wii from the PS3 and 360. It has several games that are exclusive, and is missing a fair number of games that are on the PS3/360.

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you believed a 12 yr old little 360 whore?!?!?!

No, but I was impressed with his "knowlege" of the gaming scene.. He accurately quoted ratings for various games and referenced current E3 announcements..

When he said 'take away mario and where is the nintendo?', I said "well take away Halo and where is Xbox?" to which he quickly quipped "Dragon Age"..

He was probably just trying to impress my 12 year old daughter..

In the end, I bought my family supper and drove us all home.. Lets see him do that!

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3DPiper said:
you believed a 12 yr old little 360 whore?!?!?!

No, but I was impressed with his "knowlege" of the gaming scene.. He accurately quoted ratings for various games and referenced current E3 announcements..

When he said 'take away mario and where is the nintendo?', I said "well take away Halo and where is Xbox?" to which he quickly quipped "Dragon Age"..

He was probably just trying to impress my 12 year old daughter..

In the end, I bought my family supper and drove us all home.. Lets see him do that!
lol he obviously wasn't very knowledgeable then because that isn't an Xbox exclusive game.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
3DPiper said:
Some little smart a$$ 12 year old at gamestop was trying to tell me how much better the xbox was than the wii..

I have both, and I just think there is more variety of gametypes for the Wii, and that generally they are just fun (I have four young kids, so this may sway my perspective).. I told him I thought that most xbox games are all the same first person shooter style (just my very limited opinion)..

Anyway, he talked about how without mario there would be no nintendo.. I said what about donkey kong? Zelda? Metroid?

He said there would be no more metroid games.. Any truth to that? I haven't read it anywhere.. I really like the metroid series..
You have to avoid these sorts of discussions, exactly because they aren't really discussions. They already have their opinions set in stone, and won't budge no matter what strong arguments you have. And if there are girls around to impress, it gets even worse.

The thing is that this doesn't make him dumb or anything. Nintendo relies far more on their own icons than the competition, and it's certainly true that without Mario, nintendo wouldn't be where it is now. The proper reply would have been that without MS windows, there would be no xbox. But once again: this isn't the sort of discussion you can win.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche