Hardware No More Heroes locking up at Rank 4?

Aoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a NTSC-U Wii, 3.1U firmware, with the Wiikey updated to 1.9g. The game ran pretty smoothly until Harvey's number came up. The game consistently displays a long Japanese message after Travis falls asleep in the train. Other than that, other backups run fine, Super Mario Galaxy runs without a hitch, GameCube backups are also good.

Any suggestions? And for the record, I keep the Wii in a well-ventilated spot with a fan aimed at it.

Sorry for the double post.

12-19-07_1958.jpg

This is the error that pops up. I can't back out with the home button or anything.

Aoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

12-19-07_1958.jpg

This is the error that pops up. I can't back out with the home button or anything.

lhnguyen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just disconnect the Nunchuck from the Wiimote. After that, a minigame should start. I'm surprised I'm the first person to reply to this
tongue.gif

Aoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So it's a part of the game itself?

GODDAMN IT SUDA.

Thanks, Lhnguyen. For a second there I thought I fried my modchip.

lhnguyen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Japanese import is in Japanese. All the texts, instructions, and parts of the menus are in Japanese. All of the voiceacting, however, is in English. You get the gist of the story, and the flow of the game is not very hard to figure out. I've beaten the game, and I don't know a lick of Japanese. It's worth noting that the Japanese version is censored.

Aoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The game is really playable, even without the blood - just that it feels a bit more sterilized. One of the missions where you get to kill 100 enemies would have certainly been more fun with the blood.

rawbier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aoko said:
I have a NTSC-U Wii, 3.1U firmware, with the Wiikey updated to 1.9g. The game ran pretty smoothly until Harvey's number came up. The game consistently displays a long Japanese message after Travis falls asleep in the train. Other than that, other backups run fine, Super Mario Galaxy runs without a hitch, GameCube backups are also good.

Any suggestions? And for the record, I keep the Wii in a well-ventilated spot with a fan aimed at it.

12-19-07_1958.jpg

i got a good laugh out of this one, it just tells you to remove the "extension" aka nunchuk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.