No more G6DS Real 16g

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by staticfritz, Oct 20, 2007.

Oct 20, 2007

No more G6DS Real 16g by staticfritz at 9:35 AM (1,471 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. staticfritz
    OP

Member staticfritz GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I just got an email from Gameyeeeah.com telling me that the G6 team will no longer be producing the 16g G6DS Real. If you own this card, can you comment on your experience, because I'm trying to figure out what's going wrong here. I know where to order a 16g model, but now I'm not sure if I should. Your thoughts, people.

2. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I really have no idea what Gameyeeeah is talking about. I've owned the 16G model for a couple months now, with absolutely no problems at all.

Maybe the G6Team member of this forum can tell us something about it.

3. scandal_uk

Member scandal_uk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    When I get problems with this model they're very minor, almost insignificant.

They can always be fixed by re-inserting the card - which doesn't seem to fit as "snug" as the passcard. In fact, even my older G6DS 8G seems to fit Slot 1 better - but surely they use the same casing..?

The 16G always seems "tilted" to one side when it's inserted.

Anyway it's a great card, but I use my G6 Lite for homebrew as most homebrew has issues with my G6DS 16G.

4. swiitness

Member swiitness GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I've had a G6DS Real 16gb ever since I've owned my DS Lite and the only problem I ever had was receiving a unit DOA where the capacitor was dead or something and couldn't do hard resets. My seller happily exchanged it and I got a brand new with everything working as it should. That was the only problem I had with this card, and the minor problems I had was some games not being 100% compatible (not allowing soft reset function). Overall I am quite pleased with the G6DS Real 16gb.

My brother is getting a DS for his birthday soon and I'll be giving him my G6DS Real 16gb to him and I'll be buying an R4 for myself. The customer base and manufacturer support is much more comforting for this card.

5. TheNeck

Member TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ive owned a G6 Real 16Gb for a month now and love it, have had no problems with it at all, I just plays games on it though, no homebrew stuff for me.

Also I have a R4 & a CycloDS Evolution, and they both are great but the G6 Real is my personal choice and my daughter uses the Evolution and one of my lucky relatives with get the R4 for their birthday or for xmas. Any one of these 3 I would recommend, the only problem with the G6 Real 16Gb is the price, around $80, while you can get a R4 + 2GB for around $60. Thats just me, Im a cheap bastard. [​IMG]

6. cribby08

Member cribby08 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there really a problem with the g6real 16 gig model and that is why they are not producing it anymore? Is there any truth to this? Kind of worries me b/c i just ordered a g6real 16gig.

7. Social0

Member Social0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    Don't worry, you'll be fine. The cards are excellent!

8. scandal_uk

Member scandal_uk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    They are the best for commercial games, at least. Homebrew support will improve in time.

9. monkeey

Newcomer monkeey Member

i emailed the g6 guys and the rep told me that they are trying to find NAND suppliers. That is the cause of hte delay.. i've been waiting for the 16gb for over a month now .. so hopefully they can find some soon.

10. TheNeck

Member TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

United States

Monkeey, where do you live? Ive seen a couple places with the 16Gb in stock.

11. swiitness

Member swiitness GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Down here in Aus our suppliers have told us the same thing, its due to the G6 team having some problems with prices on parts from suppliers.

cribby08 you have nothing to worry about because the card does exactly what it should - play ROMS.

12. monkeey

Newcomer monkeey Member

up in canuck land.. i dont feel like paying for customs *im cheap that way* .. so just waiting for stock to fill up again over here ;P

13. qal

Newcomer qal Member

United Kingdom
    cheese and tomato pie