Hacking No more chance to install adrenaline?

babibada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC Remote download doesn't work anymore.

Another way would be using another Vita/PSTV that has your PSN account activated on it and is updated all the way. Then you backup the PSP demo with QCMA, and transfer it to the 3.60 Vita. But, that assumes you have another Vita/PSTV.

Thankfully PSTVs are super cheap nowadays so it wouldn't be "too" expensive.

Thank you so much for you way, sir!

I have two PS Vita right now, one of them is up to date. So how can I download a PSP game on it and transfer to a 3.60 one? Do you have a specific guide? Thank you so much!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just realized that downloading demos from the website i mentioned before, wouldn't work. Since all downloads are for psp system which uses eboot.pbp there is no way to make it a vita file system format to work. So my bad, i didn't realize it when i mentioned it. I wonder why there isn't a way to convert psp eboot to PSvita files with software. The ps3 obviously has possiblity to convert to both systems no problem, but why would it have restrictions to not convert to PSvita on some games, it just don't make sense. Not being able to play crash bandicoot or spyro the dragon on vita is a good thing while psp can do it just fine? Why would the psp be able to outstage the upgraded system? :blink:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for you way, sir!

I have two PS Vita right now, one of them is up to date. So how can I download a PSP game on it and transfer to a 3.60 one? Do you have a specific guide? Thank you so much!
You don't really need a guide, just download the PSP game on your updated Vita, connect to QCMA and use Content Manager to back up the game to your PC, then use QCMA to restore the game to your 3.60 Vita.

EDIT: Though it should be noted you'll need to have the same PSN account on both Vitas for it to work.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't really need a guide, just download the PSP game on your updated Vita, connect to QCMA and use Content Manager to back up the game to your PC, then use QCMA to restore the game to your 3.60 Vita.

EDIT: Though it should be noted you'll need to have the same PSN account on both Vitas for it to work.

If I remember correctly, there's a block enforced on transferring content to an older Vita through a CMA.

May be better to share memory cards between the Vitas using id.dat hax.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, there's a block enforced on transferring content to an older Vita through a CMA.

May be better to share memory cards between the Vitas using id.dat hax.
I thought QCMA removed that block?

Not sure how he'd be able to do anything with id.dat though, unless you know of a way to pull id.dat from a memory card formatted on a newer firmware Vita while keeping the installed contents to use on 3.60 ;)

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought QCMA removed that block?

Not sure how he'd be able to do anything with id.dat though, unless you know of a way to pull id.dat from a memory card formatted on a newer firmware Vita while keeping the installed contents to use on 3.60 ;)

Booting in IDU mode ignores id.dat. I wrote a pastebin tutorial for using that trick with the memcardswapper homebrew to freely swap a memory card between an updated and hacked Vita. I can post it shortly.

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I don't own another ps vita? is it possible to use another person's up to date vita to get a PSP demo and then get it from them this way? if they already have their own psn account activated on their up to date vita, is it possible to log out and use my psn account to login to that same vita or is it only one psn account per vita?

Last edited by Vitaminer,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Booting in IDU mode ignores id.dat. I wrote a pastebin tutorial for using that trick with the memcardswapper homebrew to freely swap a memory card between an updated and hacked Vita. I can post it shortly.
Ahh I see, I wasn't aware that actually worked with 3.61+ memory cards, I never had a newer firmware card to test it with ha.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
What if I don't own another ps vita? is it possible to use another person's up to date vita to get a PSP demo and then get it from them this way? if they already have their own psn account activated on their up to date vita, is it possible to log out and use my psn account to login to that same vita or is it only one psn account per vita?

There's a trick to it if you can access a friend's updated Vita. Let me get home instead of phoneposting and I'll write up a quick tut.

EDIT: OK, here is the guide for if you own both a hacked and updated Vita.
http://pastebin.com/HtFZDGzT
Made originally for 3.61, but works the same for 3.63 or whatever.

A Vita can only have one PSN account registered to it at a time, and it must match the one for the memory card too.

If you can borrow a friend's Vita and want to use it to move a PSP demo to your 3.60 Vita, you should do the following.
  1. Eject any memory card in your friend's Vita.
  2. Format the Vita. Use the "Restore This System" option.
  3. Log in to your PSN account on their Vita.
  4. Do the steps under the heading "Deleting a 3.61 id.dat" for their memory card.
  5. Download to their memory card your PSP demo.
  6. On your own Vita, use QCMA to backup the PSP demo to your computer.
  7. Delete ux0:id.dat on their memory card and power your console off.
  8. Restore their Vita's system, then put their memory card back in. Your friend can have his Vita back and should be able to log in to PSN to access all his memory card contents again.
  9. Use QCMA to copy the PSP demo to your console on your own memory card.

Last edited by metroid maniac,

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a trick to it if you can access a friend's updated Vita. Let me get home instead of phoneposting and I'll write up a quick tut.

EDIT: OK, here is the guide for if you own both a hacked and updated Vita.
http://pastebin.com/HtFZDGzT
Made originally for 3.61, but works the same for 3.63 or whatever.

A Vita can only have one PSN account registered to it at a time, and it must match the one for the memory card too.

If you can borrow a friend's Vita and want to use it to move a PSP demo to your 3.60 Vita, you should do the following.
  1. Eject any memory card in your friend's Vita.
  2. Format the Vita. Use the "Restore This System" option.
  3. Log in to your PSN account on their Vita.
  4. Do the steps under the heading "Deleting a 3.61 id.dat" for their memory card.
  5. Download to their memory card your PSP demo.
  6. On your own Vita, use QCMA to backup the PSP demo to your computer.
  7. Delete ux0:id.dat on their memory card and power your console off.
  8. Restore their Vita's system, then put their memory card back in. Your friend can have his Vita back and should be able to log in to PSN to access all his memory card contents again.
  9. Use QCMA to copy the PSP demo to your console on your own memory card.

Thanks, but I don't think any of my friends have vita, maybe someone online who has another extra updated vita who can help me but I don't think they would go through all this trouble to get me a PSP demo, I think for the time being I'll just stick around with ps vita games until a new hack becomes available so I can play psp games.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, but I don't think any of my friends have vita, maybe someone online who has another extra updated vita who can help me but I don't think they would go through all this trouble to get me a PSP demo, I think for the time being I'll just stick around with ps vita games until a new hack becomes available so I can play psp games.

A few months ago I was running a service to install VHBL/ARK/TN-V on people's Vitas. Getting you a PSP demo is the same thing with one less step :P

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously? How does it work? Do I have to pay you or anything?

I log in to a PSN account on my PS3 and Vita, and install a PSP demo on my PS3 then copy it to my Vita. Once it's on my Vita I copy it to QCMA.
Then I send you the QCMA backup. If you're using that PSN account on your Vita, you can restore the QCMA backup and you have a usable PSP demo for Adrenaline.

I can either create a new PSN account and give you its details, or you can pass me your current PSN details. Though of course you should pick a new password before and after in either case.

I didn't ask any money for it before, but if I end up getting swamped by requests after mentioning it again I may decide otherwise :P

mummysboy

Trophies
XP
Country
still messing around trying this,

and i have noticed something. All the VITA licence installed by MAI DUMP and HENKAKU are the same.

Im gonna try and faff using
NUMBLAST TITLEID NPEG00011
and rename one of the vita licence .rif files to same as NUMBLAST EP9000-NPEG00011_00-0000000000000000.rif

I am turbo useless with app.db editing so im gonna try my luck and see if the rebuild database in the recovery menu "spots" the game.

(I am backing up my card, then formatting to start from scratch)

Reactions: Tony_93

mummysboy

Trophies
XP
Country
YES

Bubble appears!!!!

Easy adrenaline installer "sees the game"

And installs adrenaline

Gonna run through all the steps again to make sure it wasnt a fluke

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not a fluke,

Able to do it twice Standby for a new thread.............................

Last edited by mummysboy,
Reactions: Tony_93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1