NO MGS FOR Wii U?

rizzod

Not a New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
VIDEO PULLED. IT HAD 2 BIG MISTAKES IN IT. (Not news wise, that was accurate)
Can a mod please shut this thread.

EDIT: OKAY well nevermind, this is actually striking up good conversation in the comments below...
So the topic is NO Metal Gear Solid For Wii U.. Whats up with that Kojima?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like this is starting to become a trend all big ip's abandoning the wii u, first it was ghost recon now metal gear, what's next

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
There was no MGS on the Wii either. There was indeed MGS3D on the 3DS , but that one didn't sell well. At all.
I think Kojima's sticking to the Xbox 360/PS3.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like this is starting to become a trend all big ip's abandoning the wii u, first it was ghost recon now metal gear, what's next

In the Wii U's defense here, Ghost Recon was only put on hold indefinitely. It wasn't completely canned. Depending on how the system develops, it could come to it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was no MGS on the Wii either. There was indeed MGS3D on the 3DS , but that one didn't sell well. At all.
@Kojima Favor one with a collection, you didn't say?

I like how everything is blame on the Wii u when it comes to some support. There is zero chance that developers are having internal problems or the problems
is the dev themselves.

Maybe he throw in a good collection on the Wii u to test the water right this time.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Kojima Favor one with a collection, you didn't say?

I like how everything is blame on the Wii u when it comes to some support. There is zero chance that developers are having internal problems or the problems
is the dev themselves.

Maybe he throw in a good collection on the Wii u to test the water right this time.

Kojima isn't supporting the 360 with just a collection. He's also supporting it with Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metal Gear Solid has had Sony preference but never too much. The first game got a Gamecube remake, the second game got PC and PS2 ports, the third game got a 3DS "remake", both 2 and 3 were in the HD Collection as well which was on the Xbox 360 as well as Sony platforms.

Just pointing it out.

Also don't go "HURR DURR BUT METAL GEAR AND METAL GEAR 2" because I mean Metal Gear Solid, not the original Metal Gear.

For non Solid though, Rising is also coming to the Xbox 360.

EDIT: And I think a lot of the Sony preference comes from tech. MGS4 was a PS3 exclusive because of the larger size that Bluray afforded for pre-rendered cutscenes. Ground Zeroes, from the looks of it, uses the in-game engine for cutscenes, which could probably cut down on the size a lot. I'm guessing two discs in size a la Mass Effect 2 and 3.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kojima isn't supporting the 360 with just a collection. He's also supporting it with Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
... I meant that Nintendo only get this supposedly remake (MGS3d) while others get collections announce around the same time.
Trying to say that, these collections and effort they put into MGS3d pretty much killed it's chances of selling.

Also, if they have to "test the water" to put a big original game on the system then at least do it well.
I just seem like unfair circumstances.

I mean while there is a ps3 in house I can play it on, it could be a nice title to add to my future wii u collection.

How well did the collections sell?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see this as a "Ugh no Wii U gonna fail". Companies are playing it safe right now, if the Wii U starts well and the games that attract "core" gamers sell then Konami may confirm something. It's not like the Wii situation where when publishers saw the Wii being a success but had to take longer to develop a game because the Wii was underpowered compared to 360/PS3 or had to significantly downgrade a game to a bad port...this time it's different, it would take as long to do a Wii U version.

To be honest it seems to me that the console is having the best 3rd party support since the SNES, the confirmed 2012 line up is pretty damn good for a new console. Not much in terms of exclusives but then are there many new 3rd party 360 or PS3 exclusives between now and Xmas? Not really, I can't even think of one. Portables have some but home consoles don't seem to. However Ubisoft are doing ZombieU & Rayman Legends and both are shaping up really well.

I'm not all that interested in another MGS title and it's more of a Sony thing to me. The only one I ever liked was the GBC game though I would like to see Revengence seeing the PC version looks to be canned.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember Kojima Productions displaying support for the Wii U.

The way the player interacts with the device is very different than any other device out there. So if I were to make a game for the Wii U, it would have to be a unique game.

That was all that he has to say so it's neither supporting or saying he won't support it. It'll be like with Boktai GBA, he may one day come up with an idea that would only be suitable for that platform or like with the Wii he may not.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/72928/kojima-says-wii-u-a-special-case-requires-unique-software

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Either way, I get a college grant mid November for £450, depending on the release price I think the Wii U may be a day 1 purchase for me, it's all completely dependant on the launch titles now, Zombie U looks promising but the New Super Mario Bros games, although fun don't really have lasting appeal for me, im 27 im a little bit past Mario, its a little too easy for my liking now. Either way I will be getting one as soon as a Zelda game rears its head

D

Deleted_171835

MGS: Ground Zeroes was in development for the PS3/360 for awhile now. I guess Konami just doesn't feel it's worth taking the risk of spending money and porting the game to an unproven platform.

Wii U isn't hardcore or mature enough for MGS.
Kojima still feels burned from MGS3D.
Well he did doom the game sales-wise by releasing the HD Collection right before it and then switching it from a full remake as shown at E3 to a shoddy "port". Konami has no one to blame but themselves.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
... I meant that Nintendo only get this supposedly remake (MGS3d) while others get collections announce around the same time.
Trying to say that, these collections and effort they put into MGS3d pretty much killed it's chances of selling.

Also, if they have to "test the water" to put a big original game on the system then at least do it well.
I just seem like unfair circumstances.

I mean while there is a ps3 in house I can play it on, it could be a nice title to add to my future wii u collection.

How well did the collections sell?

Whoops. I misunderstood you :P

The Xbox 360 and PS3 version sold fairly well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr