Hacking No matter what, cant open drive >.<

frostyfrosty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive tried like 5 or 6 diff tools and i cant get one to locate my drive. I pretty damn sure im doing everything right.

Think its cause im on vista? or what? all the errors are the same though.

They all can not locate the drive for some reason>.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well all the tools are based on the same command line application. So if one doesn't work, the others will fail too.
Can Windows detect the drive? Does it show up in explorer as a drive letter? (you can't access it trough explorer, but that doesn't matter)

frostyfrosty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes windows recognizes the drive w/ the letter i assigned to it, and i too also formated mine with the usb loader app through the wii.

but for some damn reason i cant get the windows ones to work>.<

i cant even format using the tools cause it cant find em>.<

on the tools btw it shows the drive letter i set mine too but it still cant access it.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Bit of a silly question, but have you tried using the Disk Manager (r-click My Computer, click Manage, click Disk Management) to see if it recognizes if the drive is attached? Sometimes you have to make it assign a Drive Letter before you can do anything with it. Also it will recognize any WBFS partition as a "RAW" partition.
EDIT: Never mind, you answered the question already... I must've missed it. Try using other laptops/computers to see if they work any better.

MrFlooD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Morning guys,

I was having the very same issue since the launcher was released. I finally figured it out last night and will be posting a tutorial soon.

The quick run down. Under disk management look at your drive and see if there is a small partition at the very front of the drive. (This could have been created by the external case or the formatting program you used)

Windows will NOT let you delete, or move this partition. However this is the issue that causes all the issues. Use G-Parted, and delete the partition. Make sure the partition that you want WBFS formated, is the first thing on the drive. Format the partition as FAT32 for now.

Once done, you may have to re-initialize the drive on the computer (Or another computer) for it to be recognized in XP or vista.

You should now be able to format via the WII or PC, and everything should now work!!!

This was driving me crazy!! I am so glad I was able to fix it.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right click the program and click properties. In the compatibility options there should be a check for "run as administrator" and that will always run the program in administration mode from then on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol