No Man's Sky officially delayed to August 10th

header.jpg

After initially planning to release for PS4/PC on June 21, developer Hello Games has confirmed that their highly anticipated title, No Man's Sky, has been delayed to August 10, 2016 in order to give the game a little extra "polish".

Hello, Sean Murray from Hello Games here, working extremely hard on our game, No Man’s Sky.

The game really has come together, and it’s such an incredible relief. As we sit an play it now, and as I watch playtesters every day, I can finally let myself get excited. We’re actually doing this.

However, as we approached our final deadlines, we realized that some key moments needed extra polish to bring them up to our standards. I have had to make the tough choice to delay the game for a few weeks to allow us to deliver something special.

:arrow: Source

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of a shame, really. People are expecting this to be the next Minecraft, and are expecting the world of it. But all this game originally wanted to be was someone's pet project.
Yeah, people keep thinking this will be like Minecraft in space but it's a far cry from that. No building, no "traditional" multiplayer, etc. Unless you meant "the next Minecraft" in a cult classic kind of way, then yeah, that too.

Honestly, I'm upset, but not as upset as all the people demanding their pre-orders back and cursing and whatnot. They're out for blood as if they were promised the second coming of Jesus on June 21st.
Shoulda let us have a beta then or somthing my god I was so pumped glad I didn't request off work this haha.
Do you really want a beta? This game seems to be a lot of the same thing over and over. Playing in the beta will just burn the players out even quicker.
And anotha one
June 21st was the first release date they ever had, so it's not really "anotha."

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please tell me what this game is about, I keep hearing stuff about how this is going to be great but I never get any information as to why?
Watch a gameplay video or seven. It's rather silly to ask someone if something is good because they share different tastes. I doubt anything in this world has a 0% approval rating (except me without my shirt on).

If you still insist on seeking opinions from others... the game is about exploring space. You go from planet to planet, scanning flora, fauna, and objects. You get to name both the planets and the fauna (possibly the flora too). You gather materials to upgrade your equipment and ship. You can find ancient relics and ancient civilizations. You learn about the universe. The "main goal" is to reach the center of the universe, but you can enjoy yourself without doing so. I personally like the idea of the scale of the game. It's entirely possible that a player can go through the entire game without ever meeting anyone else, considering there's billions of billions of planets. Can you imagine the sense of amazement and wonder if you actually do? It's entirely first person, and the only way to know what you look like is to meet someone else and have them tell you, so I'm eager for that moment.

D

Deleted User

Totally didn't see this coming from a mile away, I still think the game is going to be a massive letdown.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Totally didn't see this coming from a mile away, I still think the game is going to be a massive letdown.
Me too. Also this 2 month delay is the time it would take to press the discs and ship them worldwide, so the game is probably finished for retail and what they are working on is a nice fat day 1 patch.

Reactions: Deleted User

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they were referring to games as of late in general. Lots of delays happening. Devs just either suck at scheduling or deliberately do this to make headlines.
Possibly. Honestly, I don't understand all of the delays either. Why even announce a release date unless you are 100% sure that it'll be done by then (i.e. it's already done)? Obviously they had at least a modicum of faith in the current state of the product to announce a date in the first place, so they (all devs, not just these guys) should just go gold and immediately get to work on a day 1 or 7 or 30 patch. We've seen time and again that a delayed game doesn't necessarily mean a polished one. Fix one bug, have two spawn in its place.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think they were referring to games as of late in general. Lots of delays happening. Devs just either suck at scheduling or deliberately do this to make headlines.

It's not deliberate*. It is really hard to know what problems you'll run into, if they could all devs would deliver on the date.

*Rarely it probably is, like with Zelda, they know they're not having a game done by the first couple of dates they give us.

D

Deleted-379826

Yeah, people keep thinking this will be like Minecraft in space but it's a far cry from that. No building, no "traditional" multiplayer, etc. Unless you meant "the next Minecraft" in a cult classic kind of way, then yeah, that too.

Honestly, I'm upset, but not as upset as all the people demanding their pre-orders back and cursing and whatnot. They're out for blood as if they were promised the second coming of Jesus on June 21st.

Do you really want a beta? This game seems to be a lot of the same thing over and over. Playing in the beta will just burn the players out even quicker.

June 21st was the first release date they ever had, so it's not really "anotha."
I ment games in general shoula been more clear

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there