No Man's Sky officially delayed to August 10th

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Chary, May 28, 2016.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    header.jpg

After initially planning to release for PS4/PC on June 21, developer Hello Games has confirmed that their highly anticipated title, No Man's Sky, has been delayed to August 10, 2016 in order to give the game a little extra "polish".

:arrow: Source

endoverend and nxwing like this.
  2. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    And anotha one

HaloEliteLegend and nxwing like this.
  3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Sooooo shocked, didn't see that coming

4. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    I was so hyped for this game

5. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Rip no ps4 or xbone and bad pc

6. Mystic Shadow

Mystic Shadow GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Shoulda let us have a beta then or somthing my god I was so pumped glad I didn't request off work this haha.

7. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    I thought there was one about 2 years ago?

8. pizzaman2893

pizzaman2893 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2007
    United States
    This game looks cool but its looking way overhyped..

Terenigma likes this.
  9. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    It's kind of a shame, really. People are expecting this to be the next Minecraft, and are expecting the world of it. But all this game originally wanted to be was someone's pet project.

10. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Yeah, people keep thinking this will be like Minecraft in space but it's a far cry from that. No building, no "traditional" multiplayer, etc. Unless you meant "the next Minecraft" in a cult classic kind of way, then yeah, that too.

Honestly, I'm upset, but not as upset as all the people demanding their pre-orders back and cursing and whatnot. They're out for blood as if they were promised the second coming of Jesus on June 21st.
    Do you really want a beta? This game seems to be a lot of the same thing over and over. Playing in the beta will just burn the players out even quicker.
    June 21st was the first release date they ever had, so it's not really "anotha."

Chary, Bndnrd and MarkDarkness like this.
  11. driverdis
    This message by driverdis has been removed from public view by Veho, May 28, 2016.
    May 28, 2016
  12. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere you can never find.
    can someone please tell me what this game is about, I keep hearing stuff about how this is going to be great but I never get any information as to why?

13. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Watch a gameplay video or seven. It's rather silly to ask someone if something is good because they share different tastes. I doubt anything in this world has a 0% approval rating (except me without my shirt on).

If you still insist on seeking opinions from others... the game is about exploring space. You go from planet to planet, scanning flora, fauna, and objects. You get to name both the planets and the fauna (possibly the flora too). You gather materials to upgrade your equipment and ship. You can find ancient relics and ancient civilizations. You learn about the universe. The "main goal" is to reach the center of the universe, but you can enjoy yourself without doing so. I personally like the idea of the scale of the game. It's entirely possible that a player can go through the entire game without ever meeting anyone else, considering there's billions of billions of planets. Can you imagine the sense of amazement and wonder if you actually do? It's entirely first person, and the only way to know what you look like is to meet someone else and have them tell you, so I'm eager for that moment.

keven3477 and nxwing like this.
  14. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere you can never find.
    sounds interesting, unfortunately i cant watch videos of it at the moment because i am doing a download and my internet is slow, however you did pique my interest.

15. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
    Totally didn't see this coming from a mile away, I still think the game is going to be a massive letdown.

16. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Me too. Also this 2 month delay is the time it would take to press the discs and ship them worldwide, so the game is probably finished for retail and what they are working on is a nice fat day 1 patch.

king_leo likes this.
  17. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    I think they were referring to games as of late in general. Lots of delays happening. Devs just either suck at scheduling or deliberately do this to make headlines.

18. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Possibly. Honestly, I don't understand all of the delays either. Why even announce a release date unless you are 100% sure that it'll be done by then (i.e. it's already done)? Obviously they had at least a modicum of faith in the current state of the product to announce a date in the first place, so they (all devs, not just these guys) should just go gold and immediately get to work on a day 1 or 7 or 30 patch. We've seen time and again that a delayed game doesn't necessarily mean a polished one. Fix one bug, have two spawn in its place.

19. TVL

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    It's not deliberate*. It is really hard to know what problems you'll run into, if they could all devs would deliver on the date.

*Rarely it probably is, like with Zelda, they know they're not having a game done by the first couple of dates they give us.

20. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    So this was supposed to indie Metroid Prime?

21. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    I ment games in general shoula been more clear