Hacking [No longer maintained] RajNX - starter pack for Nintendo Switch

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
So if I update with ChoiDujour and want to use this and prevent fuse burning, do I need to add nogc to every instance of kip1patch on hekate_ipl.ini ?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m assuming this would be post installation of the CFW. Is CDNX some kind of homebrew app? I remember reading about it being used to install updates from the switch directly.

It's Raj's own Switch homebrew for installing updates, yes. Being homebrew you need some kind of CFW to run it.

If you get the update files for your current version (4.1.0), you can run CDNX and pick the exFAT version of 4.1.0. Then it will only apply the exFAT update. Using that brew is much easier than the other tutorial method for exfat posted here on GBATemp.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how do I get my 3.0.0 machine to prevent updates completely? I guess I have to go the 5.1.0 route if I want to play newer games, right?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how do I get my 3.0.0 machine to prevent updates completely?
Don't connect your Switch to the internet or use one of the various methods of blocking updates.

I guess I have to go the 5.1.0 route if I want to play newer games, right?
Newer games require newer software versions, yes. Super Mario Odyssey, for example, requires 3.0.1. Anything newer than that will probably require 3.0.1 or higher. If you want to update to 5.1.0 without burning any efuses in order to preserve a downgrade path back to 3.0.0, you can use this. However, it will require that you install AutoRCM so your system always coldboots into RCM.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: naddel81

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
RajNX 0.7.0 released, which comes with its own forked bootloader (and differently named ini file to prevent conflicts), sysmodules (which are now placed in RajNX dir), and some extra features !
If there was ever a doubt this was an actual CFW, there is none anymore (as forking the used software was apparently one of the requirements)!

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RajNX 0.7.0 released, which comes with its own forked bootloader (and differently named ini file to prevent conflicts), sysmodules (which are now placed in RajNX dir), and some extra features !
If there was ever a doubt this was an actual CFW, there is none anymore (as forking the used software was apparently one of the requirements)!

Well then, that's the right way to do it, congrats!

k3rizz3k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He may come across as bull headed, and stubborn, but he did as asked. Can the whole thing be dropped?

I'm not on one side or the other, just tired of seeing people bash on others, when it doesn't Do anything constructive. I'm a fan of ReiNX, but I'm also glad the Raj and others are also doing good work.

Last edited by Joe88,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a dumb question, but what is the eclct sysmodule, and what's the benefit of not letting it load?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.