[No longer maintained] RajNX - starter pack for Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by rajkosto, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Ivellios

Ivellios GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2009
    Brazil
    I keep reading that, but it does not matter for the end user if its a true CFW or starter pack, it worked perfectly and it was really easy to install and update.

Well Raj himself recommended for users to switch to atmosphere, so that is what i did.

Just use sdsetup and use Kosmos. Its is really easy to install just like RajNX.

Also i recommend updating to the latest firmware using Choijourdoir without burning fuses

wicksand420 likes this.
  2. wicksand420
    This message by wicksand420 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Dec 26, 2018, Reason: Requested.
    Dec 26, 2018
  3. tataniko
    This message by tataniko has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Dec 26, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Dec 26, 2018
  4. wurstpistole
    This message by wurstpistole has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Dec 26, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Dec 26, 2018
  5. tataniko
    This message by tataniko has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Dec 26, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Dec 26, 2018
  6. Esjay131

Esjay131 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2010
    United States
    I did contribute on a different account back during when the ds scene was active, and dropped what I did because of people feeling entitled, not because of being called a shitposter. Have you even read through this thread, or did you blindly hop on raj's knob despite the shitposting he did throughout the thread? He had numerous posts deleted for shitposting and as @Chary said 'bickering'.

7. tataniko

tataniko GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Antarctica
    - Planet Earth -
    Shame for community.

Why did many of you attack Raj? He did many for others.

Ivellios likes this.
  8. Esjay131

Esjay131 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2010
    United States
    Despite what he may have done, he tarnished his own image following in the wake. He couldn't take criticism that he was just repacking.

9. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Current Atmosphere release has debug mode enabled by default, and enables nogc automatically when necessary.

10. tataniko

tataniko GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Antarctica
    - Planet Earth -
    The Atmosphere release has no kips, so it's useless for end users.
    RajNX offers many options by default, this is what I am looking for. Thank you.

[Stock]
    [Stock - PreventGCUpdate]
    [CFW]
    [CFW - PreventGCUpdate]
    [CFW - Debug]
    [CFW - Debug & PreventGCUpdate]
    [CFW with LayeredFS]
    [CFW with LayeredFS - PreventGCUpdate]

11. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    You can set those yourself after getting the kips. You can get the kips from Kosmos (https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases).

Kosmos has taken over. They provide the kips you need, making Atmosphere work for everyone. And remember, not everyone is using this for piracy.

Last edited by OrGoN3, Dec 27, 2018
  12. a9lh-1user

a9lh-1user Newbie

Wrong!
    You can use Kips!
    make a folder called KIPS inside the atmosphere folder and put the Kips you want to use int it!

@tataniko please don't spread wrong informations ;)

P.S BTW to say "Atmosphere is useless for the end user" is very wrong! ALL of the "CFW" out there are participating form Atmosphere! So without it you would have NOTHING to work with!

Last edited Dec 27, 2018
  13. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    He said it didn't come with the kips, not that you couldn't use them. Don't go reading posts wrong :ha:

14. a9lh-1user

a9lh-1user Newbie

So Atmosphere has NO kips?!

Anyway i was wrong you where right so sorry that i misread it ;)

OrGoN3 likes this.
  15. tataniko

tataniko GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Antarctica
    - Planet Earth -
    Kids, this is not about me but this is about viewpoint of end user.

I know well all releases, I can configure them, but only RajNX is proper for end users. Raj is able to think from end user viewpoint, user friendly.

16. a9lh-1user

a9lh-1user Newbie

And SDFiles (Kosmos) are not ?

"I know well all releases" WOW ;)

P.S. Thanks for calling me a "Kid" after i have half a century behind me ;)

Last edited Dec 27, 2018
    OrGoN3 likes this.
  17. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Only NoGC kips.

None of what you mentioned is used by 99% of the users. So why keep something that people don't use? You can always recreate any of those options with hekate boot menu and the ini file. It is very easy and will take you all of 2 minutes, if even. Why include something that the end user can use to mess up their system? Those are advanced boot options for advanced users. Treat them as such. And this is clearly about you and your viewpoint.

a9lh-1user likes this.
  18. tataniko
    This message by tataniko has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Dec 27, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Dec 27, 2018
  19. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Current atmosphere has no real reason to disable debug or layeredfs as they work with everything right now afaik (and you can disable layeredfs mods at app runtime iirc), but you can still disable them if you want to. Your posts are useless for end users.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So believe him when he says that current official Atmosphere releases, or packs that contain them, cover all the needs that were previously filled by his releases.

20. tataniko

tataniko GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Antarctica
    - Planet Earth -
    I believe in Raj - but Raj also needs to believe in himself.
    He was right when he tried to make the most user friendly firmware.
    He is right, because he is able to think from end user viewpoint.

21. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    He was right when he marked this project as obsolete because it's no longer needed, it's been fully replaced. My last reply on the subject :)

a9lh-1user likes this.
  22. a9lh-1user

a9lh-1user Newbie

"These are for kids."

Do you know how many "Kids" are crying because they have a brick?!
    Because they didn't make a backup of their Switch and don't know what it mean to "play save"?!

CFW in anyway isn't meant for Kids!
    The Switch is very fragile and a little mistake can break it....maybe permanently!
    So CFW is NOTHING for Kids i believe!
    Even if it is as good made as RajNX ;)

23. tataniko
    This message by tataniko has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Dec 27, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Dec 27, 2018
  24. wurstpistole
    This message by wurstpistole has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Dec 27, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Dec 27, 2018
  25. wurstpistole
    This message by wurstpistole has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Dec 27, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Dec 27, 2018
  26. Arnold101

Arnold101 GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    United States
    faaaaaak

27. Meepers55

Meepers55 Flintstones Regular

Aug 7, 2018
    United States
    What's with the needless bickering all of a sudden?

28. Raugo

Raugo GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2014
    What is the advantage of rajnx over atmosphere to the end user?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted