Hacking No longer boot to Atmosphere with emuMMC after crash

Nismax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Booted into emunand, dumped a cartridge, went to goldleaf and gave a directory error when trying to install the NSP. Pressed home menu and for whatever reason pressed the + button to see cartridge details and the system crashed. Now when attempting to boot to CFW using emuMMC, it just kicks me back to hekate. I assume it has to do with the emunand partition, as I have the same result even after overwriting all of the CFW directories on the FAT32 partition.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your SD is maybe currupted make sure you redo your emmunand correctly and chose the default setting when dumping your game.

Nismax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've dumped multiple cartridges never changing any settings. Just an NSP and certificate dump each time. The emummc is detected and displays info in Hekate. When injecting the Atmosphere payload directly from Tegra I get a black screen showing a fatal error mounting emummc.

Obviously it is corrupted somehow. I did everything properly to begin with, however I did upgrade to a 512GB card (entire 512GB has been verified). When migrating, I cloned the 64GB card, wrote the image to the 512GB card, and then moved the emummc partition to the end, and extended the FAT32 partition to fill the unallocated space in the middle. It worked fine though for a few months, I don't know why out of nowhere this would happen. My original 64GB card and its emummc still works fine.

Are there no methods or homebrew apps to scan and repair a damaged emummc partition? It's a little disappointing if that's the case. Doesn't leave a guy with much motivation to start over from scratch, losing all of the installed games and game saves. Especially if it can just happen again out of nowhere, for unknown reasons. I can boot to CFW on the stock nand, I would assume someone would have written some basic homebrew application to scan the emummc partition to at least find and repair even basic errors, however that doesn't seem to be the case, as most threads I have read regarding similar issues are "resolved" by starting from square one.

Last edited by Nismax,

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try making a nand back up of ur emunand and extract the saves with hactool. Backup all your files on ur SD card. Run tegraexplorer to reformat your sd. Then you just reinstall games. Thats as much as I know from when I had this issue.

Nismax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try making a nand back up of ur emunand and extract the saves with hactool. Backup all your files on ur SD card. Run tegraexplorer to reformat your sd. Then you just reinstall games. Thats as much as I know from when I had this issue.

Thanks, but what do you mean make a NAND backup of my emunand? I cannot boot into it to make a backup. Do you mean dump the partition on PC?

Last edited by Nismax,

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, make a emunand backup with hekate, I'm going off the assumption that you can boot into hekate. Sorry if I'm wrong

Nismax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trippin, not sure why I was thinking boot into atmosphere to backup the emummc, that doesn't even make sense. I actually had already tried to backup my emuMMC, but it does not allow. Hekate says "no partition found" when try to enter migrate. That was about the first step I took after this happened. Backup eMMc options are all grayed out. However under console info, it does show information for eMMC, and under "Change emuMMC" the three partitions are grayed out, but does show the sector start of RAW 1 which is where my emuMMC was. So it kind of sees it, kind of doesn't I guess.

Anyway, again, backup options are all grayed out for RAW partition, does not seem to be detecting the emuMMC, but does see the partition and emuMMC information. Probably screwed? Unless there's a way to dump and repair the partition on PC?

Copai1

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Something similar happened to me as well: I connected my switch to my PC (using Hekate) in order to move a movie to my SD card, something that I always do, and after I was finished I couldn't boot the emummc anymore, it got corrupted in some way.

I tried to mount the user partition on my PC to try and take the save files but I couldn't do it.
Programs like dd for windows, nxnandmanager or Harddiscmount WILL NOT register your corrupted emummc, so yeah, you will need to start from zero like me, and in this case, I chose to do a SD files based EmuMMC, at least in that way I don't need to mind a fucking shitty hidden partition that you can't even try to fix.

Sent from my G9 using Tapatalk

Nismax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something similar happened to me as well: I connected my switch to my PC (using Hekate) in order to move a movie to my SD card, something that I always do, and after I was finished I couldn't boot the emummc anymore, it got corrupted in some way.

I tried to mount the user partition on my PC to try and take the save files but I couldn't do it.
Programs like dd for windows, nxnandmanager or Harddiscmount WILL NOT register your corrupted emummc, so yeah, you will need to start from zero like me, and in this case, I chose to do a SD files based EmuMMC, at least in that way I don't need to mind a fucking shitty hidden partition that you can't even try to fix.

Sent from my G9 using Tapatalk

Thanks, good advice about ditching the second partition. I do still have the original 64GB SD card with some saves on it, I assume I will be able to salvage the save files from t and move them over. Luckily I didn't invest too much time into games before this happened. Maybe a couple hours in Odyssey and a couple indie games.

Reactions: Copai1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol