Gaming No location to get Wii in toronto... HELP!!!

maxlifan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol this sucks for me.. i go to futureshop at 8 in the morning and missed 1 hour of school to be told that they don't have Wii...... Than i got future shop.ca and check all in missaug, toronto , ham, scor ETC and guess what... NONE OF THEM EVEN STOCK THEM!!!!!!!!..... So now i'm without a wii and 2 parents mad for me skipping 1 hour of school with a friend.... And my princepal too... i'm only in 7th grade so... ya.... Anyone in Ontario no a place to get Wii?

salv

Male Nurse
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kitchener best buy on fairview has them in stock. my friend says they wont start selling them until friday which is tommorow... sooo if u have a ride and leave at 5 am tonight u might be lucky. there are 30 of em in stock.
i just realized i need to start saving up for christmas presents
frown.gif
so no Wii/PS3 for me.
unless my girlfriend or parents buy me one... but thats unlikely.

ChowMein

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry but why are you looking for Wiis almost a week after they launch... and why are you looking for Wiis in a big city?

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skipping 1 hour of school make me mad too!
mad.gif
kidding

don worry there be plenty instock next weeks....
what do you mean by "2 parents" dose that mean you have x2 dads & x2 mums? - Skipping not good for you....

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
skipping 1 hour of school make me mad too!Â
mad.gif
kidding

don worry there be plenty instock next weeks....Â
what do you mean by "2 parents" dose that mean you have x2 dads & x2 mums? - Skipping not good for you....

tongue.gif
Isn't one mom = 1 parent and one dad = 1 parent which brings us to the total of 2 parents?
laugh.gif

maxlifan, I'm in the same situation, although here all the pre-orderable units are out of stock since a while back. Perhaps if I'm Mr. Lucky I can get hold of one in retail on day one. I have my sights set on a package including two wiimotes and Zelda. And since everything is extra expensive in this god forsaken country of equality it will cost me 3943 Swedish Crowns, or ~540 USD, to even put my sweaty hands on it.

(They make everything more expensive here, the bastards
tongue.gif
)

(Price example: Wii in the US 249$, Wii in EMU (Countries with Euro) 249€ (=320$), Wii in Sweden 2499 SEK (=350$). :'( )

(Imagine the price for the PS3 here you US folks
wink.gif
If it's 599$ for you it is 5999 SEK for us, or ~840$ )

MMMMMike

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vlog.mikemoon.net
XP
Country
Canada
lol this sucks for me.. i go to futureshop at 8 in the morning and missed 1 hour of school to be told that they don't have Wii...... Than i got future shop.ca and check all in missaug, toronto , ham, scor ETC and guess what... NONE OF THEM EVEN STOCK THEM!!!!!!!!..... So now i'm without a wii and 2 parents mad for me skipping 1 hour of school with a friend.... And my princepal too... i'm only in 7th grade so... ya.... Anyone in Ontario no a place to get Wii?
I'm confused... You skip school on Nov 23, 4 days after the system sells out EVERYWHERE, 4 days after people camped overnight to get one, because you thought FS had stock? You go to FS at 8:00am and miss an hour of school. Ummm... Futureshop doesn't open until 10:00am across Ontario.

Personal view... you'd been better off staying in school and working to get smarter.
Please don't get me wrong, I don't want this to be a personal attack, but sounds like a hogwash.
I'm not sure what you intended to gain from your post... but your parents should be mad at you, not only for skipping but for lieing too.

Mike

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I grabbed mine from Quebec, even though I live in Toronto.

Honestly, you'd have to be crazy to try and find one in a city like Toronto right now. There's almost 3 million people here!
tongue.gif

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skipping 1 hour of school make me mad too!Â
mad.gif
kidding

don worry there be plenty instock next weeks....Â

tongue.gif
Isn't one mom = 1 parent and one dad = 1 parent which brings us to the total of 2 parents?
laugh.gif

he spelled 2 parents (parent "s" ) mean 1 father and a mother. (or gays)
rofl2.gif

QUOTE(maxlifan @ Nov 24 2006, 03:39 AM)
So now i'm without a wii and 2 parents mad for me skipping 1 hour of school with a friend....

parent = 1
parents = 2

( I he think try to say his friend parent also told him off as well = x2 parents )

maxlifan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stop with the parent commont! Ok i made a mistake big deal... and it's true about being crazy to find one so.... gonna wait till chrismis and let my parents get it for me LOL! I have alot of paitents so i don't really care about watching... like the ds-lite i waited 4 month till my Bday to get it lol! And NO i did not go 4 days after.... i went the day it was out...(another mistake made by me but hey no one's perfect) and if u had any common no how u would no i meant the first day...

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mad.gif
kidding

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

rofl2.gif

QUOTE(maxlifan @ Nov 24 2006, 03:39 AM)So now i'm without a wii and 2 parents mad for me skipping 1 hour of school with a friend....

parent = 1
parents = 2

( I he think try to say his friend parent also told him off as well = x2 parents )

You have zero room to talk.

First off, I am a parent. Secondly, my wife is a parent.

Let's do the math here smarty, that's two, count 'em, two parents.

Lastly, your spelling is atrocious in it's self, personally it doesn't bother me but don't dare throw stones if you yourself live in a glass house.

I live in a pretty large city, and I managed to get a Wii today, though it wasn't at 8am, I didn't skip school, and I actually waited in line for a few hours.

However, to the original poster, maxlifefan.

Considering I'm a parent, I'd go get that Wii for you, and then ground you from it for a month, maybe longer.

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
mad.gif
kidding

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

rofl2.gif

So now i'm without a wii and 2 parents mad for me skipping 1 hour of school with a friend....

parent = 1
parents = 2

Lastly, your spelling is atrocious in it's self, personally it doesn't bother me but don't dare throw stones if you yourself live in a glass house.

I live in a pretty large city, and I managed to get a Wii today, though it wasn't at 8am, I didn't skip school, and I actually waited in line for a few hours.

Considering I'm a parent, I'd go get that Wii for you, and then ground you from it for a month, maybe longer.

wayne.

i bet you talk more to the forum than you talk to your 2/4/7/1 kid(s)
frown.gif

and its uptight too.

wayne

isamux

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, I have to comment on this too. I'm in the middle ground, neither in school nor a parent. Just looking at both sides.

a.)The child wanted to know where it was possible to attain a Wii. That's all. I think that commenting on him/her skipping school to get one should not have been an issue for two points, 1.We don't know his/her track record and 2.She/he got in trouble already from his PARENTS. (BUT of course we all know that skipping isn't good, don't make a habit of it
wink.gif
)

on the other hand:

b.)Yes the spelling is atrocious. (If you could point out some small mistakes and say why they are wrong, maybe they won't be made in the future, you know... learning...) "Patience" should be used and not patients, unless of course you do have people paying you money for a service, and "no" should be KNOW. And perhaps with the spelling issues, above said track record could now be inferred.
wink.gif

So everyone please have a nice day and best of luck to all of you and your parents who are nice enough to help you secure a Wii (please thank them.)

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

blink.gif

BTW the 2x parents is much like saying 'A PAIR OF SOCKS'. it could fall either way, but i was also about to ask whether he ment 2 sets of parents.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
hope you find one soon. i think third shipment will be next thurs

glad to see a sell out for canada

QUOTE said:
In an interview with Canadian website Globeandmail.com, Nintendo Canada market director Pierre-Paul Trepanier indicates that the country saw a 100 percent sell out of the console during it’s launch on November 19th. "We're struggling to try and find a solution to a situation in which demand has far outstripped supply," said Trepanier. "The expectation was that within a few days Nintendo would still be stock everywhere."

According to Trepanier, every region in North America has been demanding more hardware, with additional nunchuck controllers apparently in particularly short demand in the Atlanta region.
linky

i have wii since launch, but i am feeling the wand/chuck/classic shortage!!

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mad.gif
kidding

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

rofl2.gif

parent = 1
parents = 2

wayne.

i bet you talk more to the forum than you talk to your 2/4/7/1 kid(s)
frown.gif

and its uptight too.

wayne

I have one son, six months old. I'd bet you also love to hear I spend most of my time on the forum at work, because I went to school and college long enough to sit on my rear and not do jack and still get paid for it. That's initially why I came to this site, needed to get some more information regarding my DS Lite, because I play that at work too.

Have a nice day.
biggrin.gif

maxlifan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow.... i no my grammer bad... BUT do u have to question it all the time?!!??! What makes u the king of grammer.... BTW i like the idea of being grounded for a month but get the wii... Who cares lol it's only a month...

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

blink.gif

BTW the 2x parents is much like saying 'A PAIR OF SOCKS'. it could fall either way, but i was also about to ask whether he ment 2 sets of parents.

**** I remove it **** it just making worse

anyway let get over it, maxlifan be good try not skip school - you'll get your nintendo wii very soon!
wink2.gif

good luck...

fishsticks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

blink.gif

That what I mean... spelling are very important went ever using "s"
and it very confusing went ever you wanted to saying more then - just one word"s".
lecture.gif

anyway let get over it, maxlifan be good try not skip school - you'll get your nintendo wii very soon!
wink2.gif

good luck...

sorry, but I don't think that you have the right to correct his spelling or grammar. Just look at your own.
That's what I mean... spelling areis very important went everwhenever using "s"
and it's very confusing went everwhenever you wanted to sayingwanted to saying? wtf more then - just one word"s".Â
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.