No location to get Wii in toronto... HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by maxlifan, Nov 24, 2006.

Nov 24, 2006
  1. maxlifan
    OP

Newcomer maxlifan Advanced Member

Canada
    lol this sucks for me.. i go to futureshop at 8 in the morning and missed 1 hour of school to be told that they don't have Wii...... Than i got future shop.ca and check all in missaug, toronto , ham, scor ETC and guess what... NONE OF THEM EVEN STOCK THEM!!!!!!!!..... So now i'm without a wii and 2 parents mad for me skipping 1 hour of school with a friend.... And my princepal too... i'm only in 7th grade so... ya.... Anyone in Ontario no a place to get Wii?

2. salv

Member salv Male Nurse

Canada
    kitchener best buy on fairview has them in stock. my friend says they wont start selling them until friday which is tommorow... sooo if u have a ride and leave at 5 am tonight u might be lucky. there are 30 of em in stock.
    i just realized i need to start saving up for christmas presents [​IMG] so no Wii/PS3 for me.
    unless my girlfriend or parents buy me one... but thats unlikely.

3. ChowMein

Member ChowMein GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Sorry but why are you looking for Wiis almost a week after they launch... and why are you looking for Wiis in a big city?

4. maxlifan
    OP

Canada
    lol can u ask ur friend to save me one... i can get there by 4 cause my dad's com shop is near....

5. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    skipping 1 hour of school make me mad too! [​IMG] kidding

don worry there be plenty instock next weeks....
    what do you mean by "2 parents" dose that mean you have x2 dads & x2 mums? - Skipping not good for you....

6. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden

[​IMG] Isn't one mom = 1 parent and one dad = 1 parent which brings us to the total of 2 parents? [​IMG]

maxlifan, I'm in the same situation, although here all the pre-orderable units are out of stock since a while back. Perhaps if I'm Mr. Lucky I can get hold of one in retail on day one. I have my sights set on a package including two wiimotes and Zelda. And since everything is extra expensive in this god forsaken country of equality it will cost me 3943 Swedish Crowns, or ~540 USD, to even put my sweaty hands on it.

(They make everything more expensive here, the bastards [​IMG])

(Price example: Wii in the US 249$, Wii in EMU (Countries with Euro) 249€ (=320$), Wii in Sweden 2499 SEK (=350$). :'( )

(Imagine the price for the PS3 here you US folks [​IMG] If it's 599$ for you it is 5999 SEK for us, or ~840$ )

7. MMMMMike

Newcomer MMMMMike Advanced Member

Canada
    I'm confused... You skip school on Nov 23, 4 days after the system sells out EVERYWHERE, 4 days after people camped overnight to get one, because you thought FS had stock? You go to FS at 8:00am and miss an hour of school. Ummm... Futureshop doesn't open until 10:00am across Ontario.

Personal view... you'd been better off staying in school and working to get smarter.
    Please don't get me wrong, I don't want this to be a personal attack, but sounds like a hogwash.
    I'm not sure what you intended to gain from your post... but your parents should be mad at you, not only for skipping but for lieing too.

Mike

8. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    I grabbed mine from Quebec, even though I live in Toronto.

Honestly, you'd have to be crazy to try and find one in a city like Toronto right now. There's almost 3 million people here! [​IMG]

9. lookout

United Kingdom

parent = 1
    parents = 2

( I he think try to say his friend parent also told him off as well = x2 parents )

10. Sevael

Member Sevael GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    There were systems available in several store chains in Winnipeg on Wednesday. It's not that much of a stretch.

11. maxlifan
    OP

Canada
    Stop with the parent commont! Ok i made a mistake big deal... and it's true about being crazy to find one so.... gonna wait till chrismis and let my parents get it for me LOL! I have alot of paitents so i don't really care about watching... like the ds-lite i waited 4 month till my Bday to get it lol! And NO i did not go 4 days after.... i went the day it was out...(another mistake made by me but hey no one's perfect) and if u had any common no how u would no i meant the first day...

12. CacheSyntax

Newcomer CacheSyntax Advanced Member

United States
    You have zero room to talk.

First off, I am a parent. Secondly, my wife is a parent.

Let's do the math here smarty, that's two, count 'em, two parents.

Lastly, your spelling is atrocious in it's self, personally it doesn't bother me but don't dare throw stones if you yourself live in a glass house.

I live in a pretty large city, and I managed to get a Wii today, though it wasn't at 8am, I didn't skip school, and I actually waited in line for a few hours.

However, to the original poster, maxlifefan.

Considering I'm a parent, I'd go get that Wii for you, and then ground you from it for a month, maybe longer.

13. kingkong

Banned kingkong Banned

wayne.

i bet you talk more to the forum than you talk to your 2/4/7/1 kid(s) [​IMG]

and its uptight too.

wayne

14. isamux

Member isamux Advanced Member

Japan
    Sorry, I have to comment on this too. I'm in the middle ground, neither in school nor a parent. Just looking at both sides.

a.)The child wanted to know where it was possible to attain a Wii. That's all. I think that commenting on him/her skipping school to get one should not have been an issue for two points, 1.We don't know his/her track record and 2.She/he got in trouble already from his PARENTS. (BUT of course we all know that skipping isn't good, don't make a habit of it [​IMG])

on the other hand:

b.)Yes the spelling is atrocious. (If you could point out some small mistakes and say why they are wrong, maybe they won't be made in the future, you know... learning...) "Patience" should be used and not patients, unless of course you do have people paying you money for a service, and "no" should be KNOW. And perhaps with the spelling issues, above said track record could now be inferred. [​IMG]

So everyone please have a nice day and best of luck to all of you and your parents who are nice enough to help you secure a Wii (please thank them.)

15. TheStump

Member TheStump Got Wood?

Australia

[​IMG]

BTW the 2x parents is much like saying 'A PAIR OF SOCKS'. it could fall either way, but i was also about to ask whether he ment 2 sets of parents.

16. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    hope you find one soon. i think third shipment will be next thurs

glad to see a sell out for canada

i have wii since launch, but i am feeling the wand/chuck/classic shortage!!

17. CacheSyntax

Newcomer CacheSyntax Advanced Member

United States

I have one son, six months old. I'd bet you also love to hear I spend most of my time on the forum at work, because I went to school and college long enough to sit on my rear and not do jack and still get paid for it. That's initially why I came to this site, needed to get some more information regarding my DS Lite, because I play that at work too.

Have a nice day. [​IMG]

18. maxlifan
    OP

Canada
    wow.... i no my grammer bad... BUT do u have to question it all the time?!!??! What makes u the king of grammer.... BTW i like the idea of being grounded for a month but get the wii... Who cares lol it's only a month...

19. lookout

United Kingdom

**** I remove it **** it just making worse

anyway let get over it, maxlifan be good try not skip school - you'll get your nintendo wii very soon! [​IMG]
    good luck...

20. fishsticks

Newcomer fishsticks Member

Anguilla