Gaming No Kirby Game in Development for Wii

TGBoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
From the latest Official Nintendo Magazine (UK), in the ‘Ask Nintendo’ section where readers get to send in any questions they have, and Nintendo will answer (or dance around) your inquiry. One reader asked about Kirby and the Wii, and the answer can be found below.

There are no plans right now for a Kirby game on Wii but there are plenty of Kirby fans out there, so in the meantime look out for Kirby in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl which will be released in 2008.

For those who were wondering bout the Gamecube title..

From the Go Nintendo Site:

A portion of an response, reader Jesse received when he sent in an email to Nintendo asking about the Cube Kirby title…

Unfortunately, I’m sorry to report that Nintendo no longer plans to release that unfinished Kirby title for any system. While I don’t have a specific reason that the game was canceled, I can tell you that it can happen for a variety of reasons. Nintendo is able to produce only a limited number of titles each year; when it comes time to pick those titles, we choose those that will provide the best entertainment value to the most people.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
As I've said... Major delays of games with little or no explanation can easily make hype built up vanish. It happened to GTAIV, but its hype is returning now that more solid info has been getting revealed.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I thought. Which is why I'm calling shenanigans on this. That would be it was canceled...
Well it is from the Official Nintendo Mag UK, they mostly get things wrong and Nintendo usually talk bullshit to them, but whatever Kirby 64 was extremely meh and for me Kirby only works in proper 2D.

I reckon we'll get Wiiware Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble style game first.

lilsago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
well look at that
happy.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOY-23kZ3yg

p.s. same company as the smash developer, hmmmm
unsure.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well look at thatÂ
happy.gif

p.s. same company as the smash developer, hmmmmÂ
unsure.gif
Well yeah HAL did most if not all of the Kirby games.

I thought they may have abandoned it as from screenshots it looked like it'll be mediocre, plus Kirby doesn't really sell that well nowadays but that video makes it look like good fun! Add some multiplayer battles and some mini games and the casual market may like it.

I now hope that HAL continue with it when SSBB is done.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kirby Adventure GCN (title not final) was announced for the Gamecube along with other titles. Now that the Wii is out, Nintendo announced that Zelda: Twilight Princess, Donkey Kong: Jungle Blast, Super Paper Mario, and Kirby Adventure GCN were moving to the Wii. Kirby is the only one left now. And I'd be surprised if they didn't release it. They already had pictures of the game out for it.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
well look at thatÂ
happy.gif

unsure.gif

I thought they may have abandoned it as from screenshots it looked like it'll be mediocre, plus Kirby doesn't really sell that well nowadays but that video makes it look like good fun! Add some multiplayer battles and some mini games and the casual market may like it.

QUOTE(jumpman17 @ Dec 18 2007, 03:22 PM)Kirby Adventure GCN (title not final) was announced for the Gamecube along with other titles. Now that the Wii is out, Nintendo announced that Zelda: Twilight Princess, Donkey Kong: Jungle Blast, Super Paper Mario, and Kirby Adventure GCN were moving to the Wii. Kirby is the only one left now. And I'd be surprised if they didn't release it. They already had pictures of the game out for it.

Oh yeah, it's definitely coming out, I have no doubt in my mind. Just look at that trailer, that game looks DONE. My guess is that the Hal team (or at least parts of it) are concentrating on Smash Bros right now, so the game is on the back burner.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is that a bad thing? the one on gamecube was horrible.

then again, one could play the gamecube one on wii

I was hoping air ride would be something with blimps in the air and just a regular platformer. wasn't there a kirby game on N64? SNES ones were the best, but the first one on NES was really good.

lilsago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
i wasn't there a kirby game on N64?Â

kirby 64 was a great game, i loved it.
this one as it was said earlier was for
the GameCube, but they canceled it (not fully, as you see though).
i also believe that HAL is truly puting some extra
care for smash brawl, after all... they want to make the...
"ultimate game for all gamers", and they will!!!!
just 1 month and we have it, fasten your seat belt for take off
happy.gif

TGBoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For those who were wondering bout the Gamecube title..

From the Go Nintendo Site:

A portion of an response, reader Jesse received when he sent in an email to Nintendo asking about the Cube Kirby title…

Unfortunately, I’m sorry to report that Nintendo no longer plans to release that unfinished Kirby title for any system. While I don’t have a specific reason that the game was canceled, I can tell you that it can happen for a variety of reasons. Nintendo is able to produce only a limited number of titles each year; when it comes time to pick those titles, we choose those that will provide the best entertainment value to the most people.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well look at thatÂ
happy.gif

unsure.gif

Kirby Adventure GCN (title not final) was announced for the Gamecube along with other titles. Now that the Wii is out, Nintendo announced that Zelda: Twilight Princess, Donkey Kong: Jungle Blast, Super Paper Mario, and Kirby Adventure GCN were moving to the Wii. Kirby is the only one left now. And I'd be surprised if they didn't release it. They already had pictures of the game out for it.

Oh yeah, it's definitely coming out, I have no doubt in my mind. Just look at that trailer, that game looks DONE. My guess is that the Hal team (or at least parts of it) are concentrating on Smash Bros right now, so the game is on the back burner.

Star Fox 2 for the SNES was completely done and they didn't bother releasing it because the N64 was going to come out and they didn't want to bother with SNES games. Nintendo will just up and cancel a game no matter how far along or how awesome it is.

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
proberly didnt want it to be a total flop like dk barrel racing for wii, this is a kirby game and not a spinoff... not like u can afford a horrable main series game

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they'll start over. Wii is too successful to not get a Kirby game at some point, only Virtual Boy ended up with none in any region.

The Gamecube one clearly was in what this industry sometimes calls "development hell". It looked alright... But had no signs of a storyline, new characters, title, release date, etc. Even after two or so years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte