Hacking No installing .CIA option on FBI.

GMF32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm currently having problems with installing .CIA files specifically games on my FBI. my FBI had no issue installing other .cia files (Anemone, Lumaupdater, etc) but when i try to install .cia games there's no prompt to install it, only the options to delete, rename, copy and paste.Any solutions to this? my guess is the .cia files being the false one but i've tried 2 websites and none of them work.

I'm still relatively new to the homebrew scene so i don't know much and any help would be appreciated.

GMF32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a windows pc or a mac device? Check to make sure your computer is not adding any un needed names or extensions to your files.

I'm currently using windows and yes i've made sure they were .cia files.
My guess is the .cia files didn't extract correctly but that's just a hunch.

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello. I'm currently having problems with installing .CIA files specifically games on my FBI. my FBI had no issue installing other .cia files (Anemone, Lumaupdater, etc) but when i try to install .cia games there's no prompt to install it, only the options to delete, rename, copy and paste.Any solutions to this? my guess is the .cia files being the false one but i've tried 2 websites and none of them work.

I'm still relatively new to the homebrew scene so i don't know much and any help would be appreciated.
Is there any other file extension that is connected to it? like game.cia.txt? If not, find a different cia online. If that dosen't work either, reinstall FBI. I'm new to this as well so I'm just thinking of ideas.

Last edited by VinsCool, , Reason: Removed quoted post

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any other file extension that is connected to it? like game.cia.txt? If not, find a different cia online. If that dosen't work either, reinstall FBI. I'm new to this as well so I'm just thinking of ideas.

Why? He just wants help. Not cool
dont think its FBI as he can install other cia app files.

GMF32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was thinking that it might've been the .cia files but it's kinda strange because i've downloaded from 2 different sites and they were both the same game, i could try redownloading it from another site but my internet is currently slow so i don't want to waste a couple of hours just to find out it still doesn't work.

It should be a .cia file you get. Not anything else.

The file should have .cia by the end of it right? because that's what the both of those files were and even windows was saying it was a .cia files.

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was thinking that it might've been the .cia files but it's kinda strange because i've downloaded from 2 different sites and they were both the same game, i could try redownloading it from another site but my internet is currently slow so i don't want to waste a couple of hours just to find out it still doesn't work.

The file should have .cia by the end of it right? because that's what the both of those files were and even windows was saying it was a .cia files.
Does the files you want to install have a Github repo? If so, then does it have a cia that you can download from the git?

GMF32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the files you want to install have a Github repo? If so, then does it have a cia that you can download from the git?

Sadly, as far as i know it doesn't have any GitHub repo. but i'll try and search it.

Edit: Just checked and sadly there's no github files for it.

Last edited by GMF32,

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure the name of the cia doesnt have any special characters like
Pokémon.CIA it cant have a dash above the e

Last edited by worm28,

GMF32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure the name of the cia doesnt have any special characters like
Pokémon.CIA it cant have a dash above the e

I tried to delete the (USA) in the file but nothing happened. One thing i found weird is the file not having any "CIA image options" on godmode9 so i presume that the file was in some way corrupted/fake but that's just a hunch, i'll see what happens if i download it from a different site.

GMF32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Things have taken a turn for the worse and now i can't even install ANY .cia files, even the ones i had no problem installing before. Maybe it's the SD card being corrupted?

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
To verify if your SD card is dying, check it by moving everything of the SD to somewhere else like your PC, and then when it's totally empty, use H2testw.

Only if you get a "Test finished without errors" message, then your SD is fine and you should proceed with the next step.
Then you should follow @TurdPooCharger's Quad Format Method.

If you get any sort of error or other message on H2testw, then your SD card is faulty, and you should replace it.

GMF32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To verify if your SD card is dying, check it by moving everything of the SD to somewhere else like your PC, and then when it's totally empty, use H2testw.

Only if you get a "Test finished without errors" message, then your SD is fine and you should proceed with the next step.
Then you should follow @TurdPooCharger's Quad Format Method.

If you get any sort of error or other message on H2testw, then your SD card is faulty, and you should replace it.

Sorry for the late reply but yeah, looks like my SD card got corrupted when i was using it. Thanks for the help y'all, cheers.

Reactions: E1ite007

yaum

Trophies
XP
Country
France
And for installing CIAs on the 3DS, I'd really recommend not to use FBI on the 3DS, but custom-install on the PC. It's a killer in terms of time to install any app. There is a thread documenting this on GBAtemp, and it's now coming with a GUI.

Last edited by yaum,
Reactions: GMF32

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey