Hacking Question "no .ini or boot entires found for running atmosphere

Geridious4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've done this guide 5 times plus did other different guides also and i get the exact same result everytime, i've posted it to several other discussions and have not had any success with it.

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

Everything goes absolutely perfect except the end when I go to launch button to launch atmosphere I get this everytime

"no main boot entires found...
You can use the following entry to boot stock or use More configs button for more boot entires.

When I click more configs it says
"no .ini or boot entires found...
Check that a .ini file exists in /bootloader/ini/, and that it contains at least one entry

The bootloader file hekate_ipl.ini exists in the bootloader folder

However there is no files in the bootloader/ini folder so I must be missing something in there perhaps?

this is the files text code on my SD card, it's labeled hekate_ipl.ini and it opens in notepad program if that helps at all, it's in the bootloader folder.

{------ Atmosphere ------}
[Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
icon=bootloader/res/emu_boot.bmp
{}
[Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sys_cfw_boot.bmp
{}
{-------- Stock ---------}
[Stock SYS]
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp

SD card is formatted fat32 and is a 256gb card
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've done this guide 5 times plus did other different guides also and i get the exact same result everytime, i've posted it to several other discussions and have not had any success with it.

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

Everything goes absolutely perfect except the end when I go to launch button to launch atmosphere I get this everytime

"no main boot entires found...
You can use the following entry to boot stock or use More configs button for more boot entires.

When I click more configs it says
"no .ini or boot entires found...
Check that a .ini file exists in /bootloader/ini/, and that it contains at least one entry

The bootloader file hekate_ipl.ini exists in the bootloader folder

However there is no files in the bootloader/ini folder so I must be missing something in there perhaps?

this is the files text code on my SD card, it's labeled hekate_ipl.ini and it opens in notepad program if that helps at all, it's in the bootloader folder.

[Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC]
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
{}
[Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummc_force_disable=1
{}
[Stock SYS]
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

SD card is formatted fat32 and is a 256gb card
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Are you sure it's not named "hekate_ipl.ini.txt"? Try removing the .ini extension and seeing if it is still seen as a notepad document.

Geridious4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure it's not named "hekate_ipl.ini.txt"? Try removing the .ini extension and seeing if it is still seen as a notepad document.

thank you for the reply, yeah it's still seen as a notepad document, I went as far as to redownload the file off the site but that one also opens up a notepad document also

in the folder bootloader i have 3 files that open up in notepad
hekate_ipl
hekate_ipl.ini
patches_template

Last edited by Geridious4,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
thank you for the reply, yeah it's still seen as a notepad document, I went as far as to redownload the file off the site but that one also opens up a notepad document also

in the folder bootloader i have 3 files that open up in notepad
hekate_ipl
hekate_ipl.ini
patches_template
Yes, that is normal for ini files, try just using the one that is called hekate_ipl (replacing the contents of it if needed) or enabling showing file extensions for known file types.

Reactions: elecu

Geridious4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, that is normal for ini files, try just using the one that is called hekate_ipl (replacing the contents of it if needed) or enabling showing file extensions for known file types.

My friend, i cannot thank you enough, holy cow,
I just deleted
hekate_ipl.ini
patches_template

and kept the
hekate_ipl

and it worked, atmosphere booted right up, i cannot understand why but it worked. Thank you so so much, like really I cannot express your help and taking the time to reply. I posted this question to 5 different areas and your the only one who gave advice and helped, thank you, cheers eh :):):)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend, i cannot thank you enough, holy cow,
I just deleted
hekate_ipl.ini
patches_template

and kept the
hekate_ipl

and it worked, atmosphere booted right up, i cannot understand why but it worked. Thank you so so much, like really I cannot express your help and taking the time to reply. I posted this question to 5 different areas and your the only one who gave advice and helped, thank you, cheers eh :):):)
Because all of your other spam threads were deleted for violating the rules.

Geridious4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because all of your other spam threads were deleted for violating the rules.

thanks for the heads up, I was not getting any helpful information besides one person on this thread so thought it was the wrong discussion place for it and why I created threads in other discussion groups.

cheers eh

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you want an easy way to stay up to date with the sd files u check here

default kosmos releases
https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases

the stuff in sd folder in zip file is of course for sd card so other folders are just extras for the below

main site
https://sdsetup.com/console?switch

my default choice for others
https://sdsetup.com/console?switch#...ui;fluffy;switchbackupmanager;atmos_sigpatch;

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thanks for the heads up, I was not getting any helpful information besides one person on this thread so thought it was the wrong discussion place for it and why I created threads in other discussion groups.

cheers eh

spam threads is a no no in any sites forum its best to make the best judgement and if its wrong the forum moderator will move the thread for u

Geridious4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you want an easy way to stay up to date with the sd files u check here

default kosmos releases
https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases

the stuff in sd folder in zip file is of course for sd card so other folders are just extras for the below

main site
https://sdsetup.com/console?switch

my default choice for others
https://sdsetup.com/console?switch#...ui;fluffy;switchbackupmanager;atmos_sigpatch;

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

spam threads is a no no in any sites forum its best to make the best judgement and if its wrong the forum moderator will move the thread for u

thanks for the trip, appreciate it, :)

SwitchGuyHelpingU

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
If anyone has the trouble where nothing shows up, follow this video:

it's very likely two things, format of your SD card and Hekate_ipl // FS_510 :
--------------------------------------------- Some points first ---------------------------------------
* Do SD card modifications fearlessly as long as you back them up, since they won't affect your NAND.
*AFAIK If you don't see your CFW or FW in your launch menu YOU WILL have problems booting, even if you manually load it from the load menu in Hekate.
* If it shows the switch logo but then screen turns black, it means you need to follow this tutorial, probably clear the USER nand and replace it with the firmware folder contents. (mine had 700 or so mB instead of what was meant to have).
* Your SYSTEM NAND and USER NAND SHOULD BE BACKED UP as many times as needed .

1. Check the troubleshooting at 23:29.
2. If it doesnt work (it didn't for me) it may not mean you have a faulty switch, if u made it this far your partitions are probably good.
3. Check the format of your sd card, make sure it's FAT32, sometimes there's a problem with exfat, if you double check the sd card contents you might even see files getting replaced, this doesn't happen with FAT32.

3.5 AFAIK you don't really need the backup folder that might be created inside your switch, but i recommend you to save it in case u ever need it.

4. Follow the guidelines to fix your USER and SYSTEM NAND locations, as described in the troubleshooting section (23:29).
5. With that done, obviously with your "FS_510" file in the correct folder (root of SD CARD also payload folder inside your BOOTLOADER folder), Use the following lines in your "hekate_ipl" after you made sure it's .ini and in the right place.
6. If you followed the ATMOSPHERE GUIDE and modified the hekate IPL within :
[Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC]
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
{}
[Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummc_force_disable=1
{}
[Stock SYS]
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

then you just need the hekate from the firmware folder, and add that piece of text to the bottom, so it looks like what i pasted above, and right below that it has the text OF the hekate WITHIN the Firmware folder.

Good luck.

dna183

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello sorry about any trouble but I followed the next switch guide just like the guy did and there's nothing I'm about to start over a second time I'll gladly I tried the file extension deleted the ini part left the rest when I go to hekate and start to launch it say exactly the same no boot there's no ini in the bootloader fold and I've tried to find sign patches and can't find them any help would be helpful thanks in advance psychological I tried what he said about deleting the ext and still nothing at launch

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello sorry about any trouble but I followed the next switch guide just like the guy did and there's nothing I'm about to start over a second time I'll gladly I tried the file extension deleted the ini part left the rest when I go to hekate and start to launch it say exactly the same no boot there's no ini in the bootloader fold and I've tried to find sign patches and can't find them any help would be helpful thanks in advance psychological I tried what he said about deleting the ext and still nothing at launch
Did you ensure that your SD card is not fake?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2