No icon nor name on the main screen

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by winlith, Aug 15, 2009.

Aug 15, 2009
  1. winlith
    OP

Newcomer winlith Newbie

Poland
    Hi, i have an acekard 2.1 with akaio software and i have a strange problem... When i turn my DSlite on, there is no icon and no name of acekard, it looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    I think it should look like this:
    [​IMG]
    It can't be DS's fault, cause when i insert my dr kawashima's brain washing, there is an icon and the title displayed. It's not doing anything to usability, cause everything works just fine but i'm curious why is it just like that.

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    My M3i Zero did the exact same thing when I got it, except it was a dead unit and it refused to work.

So even though it appears to be a dead cart, it still works? Bizarre.

3. moisesmcardona

Newcomer moisesmcardona Member

Puerto Rico
    This has also happened to me. It is just normal sometimes, as it not only happened to me with the Acekard2i, but also with comercial games (actually, Pokemon Pearl gave me this same problem, no icon or name on the screen). When this happened to me, I just launch the flash cart, it runs perfectly, with just the menu not displaying the card information. Sometimes, inserting and removing the card a lot of times can solve this problem.

4. ThePengwin

Newcomer ThePengwin Member

Australia
    My ak does that in my DSi sometimes, and cleaning the contacts with a cotton swab does the trick. If thats not the problem, then id suggest its broken internally, and it needs replacing.

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    aye, its probably just a contact issue. take it out and put it back in.

-another world

6. winlith
    OP

Newcomer winlith Newbie

Poland
    Nah, it's not a contact issue, i cleaned it and replaced hundred times, but it still happens. Maybe it's some how broken, but every thing except this works just fine... is it possible that it's microSD's fault?

EDIT: Not microSD's fault, tried with other... It seems, that the acekard is a little broken and can't display the icon and the title, but i won't buy another since the games work fine.

7. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    not possible for it to ever in a situatio like that, the icon is in the acekard's bootloader, it is not loaded from the sd card

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    right.

the only time this happens to me is a contact issue. does the slot have a bent pin or something? are you sure the acekard is making correct contact?

-another world

9. winlith
    OP

Newcomer winlith Newbie

Poland
    i'm not entirely sure if it's making a perfect contact, but games and homebrew work, missing icon and title is the only issue that i have noticed, i'll post here some hi-res photos of my acekard tommorow (i'm writing from the ds browser right now) maybe you'll be able to find something...

EDIT: Here are the pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]