Hacking No GW3D before 8.1J on New 3DS (Gateway 3.1.1)

super waluigi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I got my OoT3D JP copy and loaded up Gateway. I backed up the system nand and formatted emunand and was going to update to 9.5 but there's no GW3D in front of my system version (8.1J). 3.1.1 was supposed to fix this so I'm cautious if I should update or not.

For what it's worth the 3D was broken which I assume is an emunand only problem. Is it safe to just go ahead and update? mSD card is Samsung 32gb btw.

super waluigi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3D issue should be fixable. Did you try using 3D again after putting the 3DS in sleep mode and try using it after that? I heard this fixes the broken head tracking as well.
Yep, it works fine. I'm just trying to use the problem being there in the first place as proof my 3DS is on emunand and it's safe to update despite no GW3D :P

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same issue. The bug isn't fixed on 8.1 n3DS consoles.

What I did to make sure I was on emunand when updating was unlink sys/emunand, fill sysnand's wifi connections with 3 bogus ones, then on emunand create a real connection. Go back to sysnand just to check that it still has 3 bogus connections, then go into emunand and update.

super waluigi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue. The bug isn't fixed on 8.1 n3DS consoles.

What I did to make sure I was on emunand when updating was unlink sys/emunand, fill sysnand's wifi connections with 3 bogus ones, then on emunand create a real connection. Go back to sysnand just to check that it still has 3 bogus connections, then go into emunand and update.
How would I unlink system nand and emunand?

super waluigi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The standard way is, once you've created emunand, to do a system format on sysnand with the SD card removed
Thanks for this tip!!! Was able to fully separate Sys and Emunand and the update worked perfectly. :D

Just for future reference is there any way to relink the nands if I ever need to? I don't think I ever will but the option to would be nice. Not bothered if I can't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.