Homebrew NO$GBA to Flashcart

blitz1008

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've finally managed to get my DS-X save running on NO$GBA. I applied some cheats to my game, but now I want to take my NO$GBA file and put it back onto my DS-X. Even if I was able to get it into M3 or R4 format, I'd be able to convert it to DS-X using Shuny's converter, but I can't even manage to do that. I've read a lot about taking out the first 76 bytes from the file but im still really confused.

jsmith45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've finally managed to get my DS-X save running on NO$GBA. I applied some cheats to my game, but now I want to take my NO$GBA file and put it back onto my DS-X. Even if I was able to get it into M3 or R4 format, I'd be able to convert it to DS-X using Shuny's converter, but I can't even manage to do that. I've read a lot about taking out the first 76 bytes from the file but im still really confused.
Ok. The thing is that NO$GBA has 2 save formats. (It can read other formats, like the r4 format, but it only writes two formats).

One of these is a compressed format. How the compression works is not known. So adding support for it to any save converter is just not possible.

There is also a non-compressed format. My tests indicate that this is a slightly oversized save file. It is ~520KB for a 512 KB save. The format is 74 bits that can be removed. Then comes a RAW save file that is R4 compatible, followed by some junk at the end. I expect that the Shunyweb.info converter will accept the file just fine once the 74 bits at the begining are removed. The format "RAW" should be used as the source format.

But I suppose you want to know how to be sure you are saving in the uncompressed format. To get a save in the uncompressed format, open the file "NO$GBA.INI" and change the line "SAV/SNA File Format == Compressed" to "SAV/SNA File Format == Uncompressed". Now load your game in NO$GBA and close it. The game save should now be in the uncompressed format. Now you just need to remove those first 74 bytes somehow. (I use a HEX editor myself).

Ideally shunyweb.info would add support directly for the uncompressed format, removing those bytes for you on the server side.

blitz1008

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i finally figured it out. i changed "Uncompressed" to RAW, then used shuny's converter and converted from RAW to DS-X. works like a charm...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool