Hacking No$GBA Save to R4! How?

danbr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i used to go to shuny's website to convert the saves from the emulator to play on my nds, but now the site is down
frown.gif
and i wanna convert the save from (j) pokemon platinum to the (u)pokemon platinum! but without shuny's i fail, so guys, there are any other ways?
blink.gif

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) Open up NO$GBA Config File. It should open up in a Text File.
2) Edit the line that says SAV/SNA Fily Type = Compressed to SAV/SNA File Type = Uncompressed
3) Close and save Config File. Launch Platinum (J) usin NO$GBA, set NDS Backup Cartridge Type to FLASH 512Bytes. Save the game.
4) Close NO$GBA. Open BATTERY Folder, there should be an SAV bigger than 170KB, it should be around 520 KB or bigger.
5) Download and use the R4 SAV Converter to convert the NO$GBA SAV to R4 SAV. R4 SAV Converter
6) Rename the Platinum (J) SAV to the exact name on your (U) ROM so it will automatically run on your R4. (Example: Platinum(J).sav --> Platinum(U).sav)

It should launch. Although I've heard rumors that the Platinum SAV needs more than 512KB to contain all game info. I have an M3 Simply and I've gotten 2 errors which say "The Save data has been erased or corrupted" *Game starts over*. You can go ahead an try though. The reason some people don't have this problem is that if that rumor is true, you have to play long enough in the game for Platinum to need more than 512KB to save. The R4/M3 Simply/DSTT (I think.) only supports 512KB saves.

~ Jon

danbr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, just one thing, the R4 save converter link is broken, so now? any other link? thank!

EDIT: I found the progam link now ,sry!
EDIT2: I was damm happy because the game loaded, but then loaded like there was no save! =(, this is due the language diference?Well i transfered my (u) to (j) saves once, but never did the reverse
frown.gif

l3luewing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
When i use the R4 SAV Converter I got the file name "Platinum (U).R4.sav " should i just delete the .RA and leave it as Platinum (U).sav?

Also, the slot card I use it say R4 at the back but when i use the converter from http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php I have to select "acekard RPG | EZFlash V | RAW Format (.sav)"
is my really R4?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
You guys are complicating things. Do what I say instead because I know everything.

Open no$gba.ini; it should be in the same directory as your no$gba.exe. If it's not there, run no$gba and hit Options > Save Options. Find the SAV/SNA File Format line, right now it probably looks like one of these:

Code:
SAV/SNA File Format == Compressed
OR

Code:
SAV/SNA File Format == Uncompressed
Instead, you want it to look like this:

Code:
SAV/SNA File Format == Raw
Bam, you're done. Any future saves written will be written in Raw mode, so if you have a specific save you want to copy, load up the game in no$gba and close it again; no$gba will write the save in Raw format and you can then copy the save file directly from /BATTERY to your R4. No conversion required.

Kress

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Sorry to ressurrect this thread, but I had the same problem than danbr. I used Vague Rant's method and the game would read my sav., but then it says that the sav is corrupted.

Is there a way to solve that?

Thanks and again sorry for the res, I alredy searched though other threads and I could not find the info (prehaps im bad at searching ^^)

-Kress

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kress said:
Sorry to ressurrect this thread, but I had the same problem than danbr. I used Vague Rant's method and the game would read my sav., but then it says that the sav is corrupted.

Is there a way to solve that?

Thanks and again sorry for the res, I alredy searched though other threads and I could not find the info (prehaps im bad at searching ^^)

-Kress
thats because pokemon platinum uses a 1mb save file they have a search button 4 a reason

JeffreyQiu

Trophies
XP
I've recently read this thread but still have not made any progress. I'm new to this site but I was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem.
I'm currently trying to play a pokemon diamond game on my TTDS that i started on the NO$GBA but I've tried a lot of things and nothing worked. Can anyone give me a way to go about solving this problem, and being able to continue my pokemon diamond on my TTDS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.