Hacking NO$GBA Sav Files Dont work on AceKard 2?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I found this somewhere, you know Google is your friend!

QUOTE said:
1. Go to your NO$GBA BATTERY folder and copy your save file somewhere else in order to back it up in case you mess up.

2. Open NO$GBA.ini in notepad, scroll down to the line:
SAV/SNA File Format == Compressed
and change it to:
SAV/SNA File Format == Uncompressed

3. Open No$GBA (make sure your save type in NO$GBA is FLASH 512 kbytes) and continue your game. Save the game, and then quit NO$GBA. Check the size of your save file in the BATTERY folder. It should be over 500kb.

3. Use the follow program to convert your save file, it will remove the first 76 bytes of your save:
Freeware - No$GBA > VBA Battery Converter | [email protected]
To use it, click the "Configure" button and set the directory to where your new big save file is. In the empty text box named "New .sav File" enter a name for the new file you will make. Now select your Pokemon save and press convert file. It will create a new save file with the name you typed in.

4. Download the Pokemon save editor:
RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
Open your new converted save file (the one you made in step 3) with it, and when you are done cheating your ass off, click save. Now take the new save file you just cheated with, and put it in your NO$GBA save folder. Now name it the same name of your original pokemon save, so that NO$GBA will load it when you play the game. That's all. Now I shall enjoy my 99 of every TM, and I had a sex change just for the hell of it.

Lastly, once you use your hacked save in NO$GBA and save, you will not be able to hack it again right away. Once you have used your hacked save in NO$GBA and saved, you must use the NO$GBA>VBA converter, then hack.

The link to the converter is here. The reason it doesn't work is because the .sav files No Cash makes are complete nonsensical gibberish. And this does work, I've had to do it.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have my no$ option set to
Code:
SAV/SNA File Format == Raw
making the saves directly transferable. Copy your old save/battery files elsewhere just in case, change ini to this option, load and save in game (it will load the compressed one and save raw on exit), quit no$ or load something else and the conversion to raw should take.

And no it's non nonsensical jibberish, compressed/uncompressed no$ saves (not raw ones) have a header and footer that stores information specific to no$ 'battery' files, without trimming it off (and decompressing the compressed save data if it's compressed) then the save data won't be recognized by a regular game. The times I've tried it, shuny has converted both compressed and uncompressed (known good) no$ saves for me just fine - though no$ can do it itself too.

AznLoooser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa... Alright, I got a new situation. I only have 4 roms on my AK2, and I FINALLY got Pokemon Platinum and Megaman Starforce Pegasus to work, into the 512Kb format thingy. If anyone could explain the differences of the memory thing and why it matters, It'd be very helpful. Anyway, now my 'Bleach Dark Souls' and 'Yugioh 5D's Stardust Accelerator' remains uncooperative. Their format is and 27kb respectively, and those aren't listed in the AKAIO formats... What should I do? I already used a converter so should I just go through with them in notepad and change it to 'raw'? Thanks for the help.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the 'explanations' seem pretty obvious, but maybe it's just me...
Compressed = no$ header/compressed save data/no$ footer
Uncompressed = no$ header/raw save data/no$ footer
Raw = what most flashcarts use (though many carts pad these to 512KiB by default)

If the save/battery file size isn't 1/8th in KiBytes of the save type you have selected in no$ for the game (and since there there is no 216Kbit (27*8) save type on DS it's a good bet that->), it will need converting before any flashcart will recognize the data in the file. Example being, a 4MBit save type will have a 512KiByte file.

It's kind of like trying to open "this_is_my_book_report.txt" in notepad, when in fact what you did was take "this_is_my_book_report.txt" and compress with winzip into "this_is_my_book_report.zip", rename that zip to "this_is_my_book_report.txt" and open that in a text editor like notepad. It'll look like jibberish to the text editor, just like the compressed saves or saves with a header/footer would to a DS game that expects just the raw save data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn