NO$GBA Sav Files Dont work on AceKard 2?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by AznLoooser, Apr 16, 2009.

Apr 16, 2009
  1. AznLoooser
    OP

Newcomer AznLoooser Member

United States
    I played the No$gba while waiting for my acekard2 from dealextreme to show up (about a month... >_

2. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
  3. AznLoooser
    OP

United States
    same answer... YES. Still 'New Game'. Starting to get pissed off.

4. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    ....... Well in the options setting did you set the extention to .sav (Yeah that was a problem for me once)

5. AznLoooser
    OP

United States
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I'm running AKAIO on the AK2.

6. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    I found this somewhere, you know Google is your friend!

The link to the converter is here. The reason it doesn't work is because the .sav files No Cash makes are complete nonsensical gibberish. And this does work, I've had to do it.

7. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I have my no$ option set to
    Code:
    SAV/SNA File Format == Raw
    making the saves directly transferable. Copy your old save/battery files elsewhere just in case, change ini to this option, load and save in game (it will load the compressed one and save raw on exit), quit no$ or load something else and the conversion to raw should take.

And no it's non nonsensical jibberish, compressed/uncompressed no$ saves (not raw ones) have a header and footer that stores information specific to no$ 'battery' files, without trimming it off (and decompressing the compressed save data if it's compressed) then the save data won't be recognized by a regular game. The times I've tried it, shuny has converted both compressed and uncompressed (known good) no$ saves for me just fine - though no$ can do it itself too.

8. AznLoooser
    OP

United States
    Whoa... Alright, I got a new situation. I only have 4 roms on my AK2, and I FINALLY got Pokemon Platinum and Megaman Starforce Pegasus to work, into the 512Kb format thingy. If anyone could explain the differences of the memory thing and why it matters, It'd be very helpful. Anyway, now my 'Bleach Dark Souls' and 'Yugioh 5D's Stardust Accelerator' remains uncooperative. Their format is and 27kb respectively, and those aren't listed in the AKAIO formats... What should I do? I already used a converter so should I just go through with them in notepad and change it to 'raw'? Thanks for the help.

9. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Well, the 'explanations' seem pretty obvious, but maybe it's just me...
    Compressed = no$ header/compressed save data/no$ footer
    Uncompressed = no$ header/raw save data/no$ footer
    Raw = what most flashcarts use (though many carts pad these to 512KiB by default)

If the save/battery file size isn't 1/8th in KiBytes of the save type you have selected in no$ for the game (and since there there is no 216Kbit (27*8) save type on DS it's a good bet that->), it will need converting before any flashcart will recognize the data in the file. Example being, a 4MBit save type will have a 512KiByte file.

It's kind of like trying to open "this_is_my_book_report.txt" in notepad, when in fact what you did was take "this_is_my_book_report.txt" and compress with winzip into "this_is_my_book_report.zip", rename that zip to "this_is_my_book_report.txt" and open that in a text editor like notepad. It'll look like jibberish to the text editor, just like the compressed saves or saves with a header/footer would to a DS game that expects just the raw save data.