Gaming No$GBA Problem: Webcam Mic

penance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read in many locations that all you need to use the microphone in No$GBA is to have it plugged in and the mic volume settings set appropriately. I've also read that there are certain factors that might be problematic, but nobody seems to give any kind of details on what those factors might be.

My problem is that my mic is in a webcam that plugs into my USB port and not the typical microphone port. With everything else, the mic seems to work fine, but with No$GBA it doesn't, and I don't know how to get it to work. I'm playing Phoenix Wright and trying to say "Take That!" because it seems like it might be more fun to say it than to just press the button, and I'm concerned because I know in the fifth case you need the mic, but I don't know how to get my mic to work.

Anyone got a solution, hopefully one that doesn't involve me buying a new mic?

penance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, well I kept on with the game in the meantime and learned to my relief that I was able to use the mic in my webcam fine to dust for fingerprints, but now the problem is that at the end of the game here I have to shout Objection and that's what hasn't been working for me, and I don't know if it's just that I have to really shout or that it doesn't work.

So please, does anyone know the answer?

penance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My version is 2.5b. Should be the newest version.

If by full speed, you mean is it always at 100%, then no. It fluctuates, but it's usually fairly close to 100%.

If by full speed, you mean my emulation speed setting, I have it set to Realtime. Should I change that?

Actually, if I set it to Unlimited MHZ-Disaster 10%, it briefly went over 100.

Oh, ha, for some reason I hit A and it did the Objection thing for me. So I saw the ending.

Still would like an answer for this though for future games.

Edit: Posts edited together, duplicates deleted. Don't double/triple post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Dude, triple post.
Anyway, do you have your drivers installed? Are they the latest ones?
Maybe there is some setting in No$GBA, for the mic, idk though, as I don't use it.
If you cant find any solution, try another emulator, I hear iDeaS is good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...