No$gba emulation slow!!

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by gdeliana, Apr 20, 2007.

Apr 20, 2007

No$gba emulation slow!! by gdeliana at 11:28 AM (4,976 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. gdeliana
    OP

Member gdeliana GBAtemp Regular

Albania
    I have noticed that 2d is perfect in No$gba, but 3d lacks a lot in speed. Is this because the code is not optimized totally or because we don't currently own powerul enough machines to emulate NDS. But still is strange though, that when playing pokemon diamond or pearl, 3d is only in some places slow. Inside homes is perfect, even outside in the green places it changes drastically within the same zone. I think it's because the emulator doesn't have good timing and cannot catch the calls of cpu on time (I'm not a coder though, just trying to guess) What do u guys & girls [​IMG] think of this???

2. Jepeto

Member Jepeto GBAtemp Regular

Uruguay
    Its because the emulator, not the machines, No$gba is still a baby, its growing fast but we have to wait some time until good emulation speeds...

3. Xenophobe

Newcomer Xenophobe Advanced Member

Australia
    What do I think? I think you're an idiot.

No$GBA's NDS 3D support only seems to have been implemented not that long ago (August last year isn't that long ago), I think the developer would be more concerned with getting all of the DS's features implemented before he focused on speed, it is a developer's emulator after all.

4. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    The developer and I always email back and forth and to my understanding, he is work on 2-D, 3-D, and sound for now and he will improvement the speed. If you do not like this emulator because of slowness then buy your nds lite and dont complaint, man. [​IMG]

5. timbojill

Member timbojill GBAtemp Regular

United States
    was this emulator designed for the pc ? both the 2d and 3d runs slow on my gaming pc. mine has 2 gigs of memory 500 gig hard drive and a fast motherboard.

6. Wuschmaster

Member Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the emulator is WORK IN PROGRESS.
    it's not DONE. don't you get it?

7. Suzaku X

Newcomer Suzaku X Member

United States
    The emulator is still in development. It has not been completely optimized, so it still runs slow in certain situations.

Of course, you can also change the Emulation Speed settings a bit to get better speeds if it's running slow.

8. gdeliana
    OP

Member gdeliana GBAtemp Regular

Albania
    Damn to some of u, i didn't mean to criticize nobody about nothing. The emulator is just great, i like it, and i don't need u to remeber me this. I was just trying to get some info from experts who know about code and this stuff, and not to talk with some really handicapats, who don't know to understand nothing, but only to directly blame. I don't want to go offtopic, but it's not that i'm ignorant, or that i don't speak good english. My pure interest in posting this was to get to know if if the emulator has reached up to that point where it needs more power from hardware, or is it because it needs to be optimized. Yeah it's WIP, but this doesn't mean that is a baby, because pokemon shows fully 3d, but it gives u the impression that the current cpu, isn't giving too much gas to these babies. These things havn't been specified before in this forum. In fact i know that current cpu are able to emulate 95% NDS, because i think that nds is just like N64, or maybe a bit more powerful.

9. Xenophobe

Newcomer Xenophobe Advanced Member

Australia
    Currently more RAM, HDD space and "fast motherboards" (I'm assuming you mean memory bandwidth) have pretty much no effect on performance of something like this. I have no idea if No$gba uses GPU, but CPU should be the most important factor.

10. Goldving

Newcomer Goldving Member

United States
    I'd like to add here that setting it's CPU priority to high via taskman help improve its performance on my rig.