Hacking no gateway 3ds card found! please help!

Ratier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi. I bought a used 3DS Xl (edition with Mario Kart inside) with already installed Gateway. The console came with the red and blue card as well. When testing, it boots emunand perfectly with DS Profile. SysNAND 4.3U and Emunand was outdated too, GW3D 4.3U. Before buying, I asked the seller for a video showing the red card in action and in the video it worked fine, but only with 1 ROM inside the microSD. Since nowadays Gateway can load multiple ROMs, I started updating my red card. Used latest gateway ulltra (3.4) via blue card to install the exploit on 3ds profile. After I did that when selected DS Profile with L pressed, the gateway menu booted. Then I backuped my SysNand and formated emunand. The problem was after that. When trying to boot into gateway mode it shows: "no gateway 3ds card found!". I tried to delete exploit (by loading any nds rom via blue card) and reinstalled it with 2.7 Omega and followed all the steps again with an olderlaunch.dat --> same error. When trying to force update, it goes ~5% and starts looping only to give me Error 00000006. Now I really don't know what to do. My SD card is a micro SD 4GB Sandisk with adapter and the microSD cards on blue and red card are also 4GB Sandisk. Red card's microSD is ExFAT and the others FAT32. Diagnostic says everything is ok but i cannot enter gateway mode. Tried also using gateway's online metod to launch the Launcher.dat and it gives me the same problem. Any ideia how to fix it?

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use a CFW, I recommend RxTools, if you really want to use roms I suggest not holding L when booting GW, and try to update the card.

Ratier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I entered this website "https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-spot-a-fake-gateway.363983/" and looks like i have a fake red card. but, since the seller sent me Gateway v2.0b2 installation files, I was able to enter outdated GW emunand GW3D 4.3 and load ROMs if I put only 1 ROM per microSD. Fake red cards, as the post in the link says, can load ROMs with older than omega gateway firmwares but it means that I can't load newer roms. It worked with Super Mario 3D Land but not with Omega Ruby. The question: if I update te emunand, will I be able to play some newer games (remembering that I cant update red card since the only Launcher.dat that recognizes it is v2.0b2)? Or I need to get used to a limited number of games that I can load?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I entered this website "https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-spot-a-fake-gateway.363983/" and looks like i have a fake red card. but, since the seller sent me Gateway v2.0b2 installation files, I was able to enter outdated GW emunand GW3D 4.3 and load ROMs if I put only 1 ROM per microSD. Fake red cards, as the post in the link says, can load ROMs with older than omega gateway firmwares but it means that I can't load newer roms. It worked with Super Mario 3D Land but not with Omega Ruby. The question: if I update te emunand, will I be able to play some newer games (remembering that I cant update red card since the only Launcher.dat that recognizes it is v2.0b2)? Or I need to get used to a limited number of games that I can load?
Its best to use rxTools and drop the gateway card completely especially if you're using a normal 3DS XL. I recommend you use rxTools 2.6 for now.

Reactions: samiam144

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would use the .3ds version of bigbluemenu with your red gateway card on emunand.
(you can find the bigbluemenu on that iso site dedicated to 3ds. i searched devmenu_2x and i found some options)

then install the bigbluemenu.cia file.

after you do all that basically go here: http://www.rxtools.net/#!howto and follow the instructions for installing via mset. Ive summed it up a bit below.

then use your gateway blue card to set up the rxtools mset (go to http://www.rxtools.net/#!downloads download the 2.6 version in the folder theres a folder named mset and in there is the .nds file you need to launch with the blue card)

you will need slot0x25KeyX.bin which a quick search on that same iso site will also provide

make sure youve already put all the rxtools files on your 3ds big sd card (there is some work involved to "make" some of the files so read the how to: http://www.rxtools.net/#!howto )

then launch the ds profile exploit and itll boot into rxtools and youll have bigbluemenu all ready to install other .cia files and then you play them lol

I have a legit gateway and ive recently done this to my old 3ds. currently i find it better than gateway mainly for the gba support

Last edited by codychaosx, , Reason: k im done editing this now :P and i think its a good thing i dont write tutorials lmao.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would use the .3ds version of bigbluemenu with your gateway card on emunand. then install the bigbluemenu.cia file.
then use your gateway blue card to set up the rxtools rop (go to the rx tools cfw thread)
make sure youve already put all the rxtools files on your 3ds big sd card
then launch the ds profile exploit and itll boot into rxtools and youll have bigbluemenu all ready to install other .cia files and then you play them lol
Its better for him to go to http://www.rxtools.net/#!home and follow the instructions for 2.6 instead of that super confusing thread.

Reactions: codychaosx

Ratier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
rxtools would be great if I haven't lost money already with a fake gateway (wich costs in Brazil between U$55,6 and U$83,4) or if I had a big SD card. I do have a 32gb microSD with adapter but since cia files takes temporarily double the SD space, i couldn't install all the games I want as cia (they're almost 30GB). Without gateway I can't also load NDS roms. I could get a 64GB SD Card and a R4 (cheaper than gateway) too, that would solve my problem. But here in Brazil a 64GB SD Card and a R4 together are as expensive as a new gateway. Maybe just a little cheaper...

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rxtools would be great if I haven't lost money already with a fake gateway (wich costs in Brazil between U$55,6 and U$83,4) or if I had a big SD card. I do have a 32gb microSD with adapter but since cia files takes temporarily double the SD space, i couldn't install all the games I want as cia (they're almost 30GB). Without gateway I can't also load NDS roms. I could get a 64GB SD Card and a R4 (cheaper than gateway) too, that would solve my problem. But here in Brazil a 64GB SD Card and a R4 together are as expensive as a new gateway. Maybe just a little cheaper...

Yeah, you got screwed.

Do you really have to install all 30gb worth of games you have onto the 3DS at once though?
You could just install what you're going to play, then when you're done, delete the game (back up the save with Savedatafiler if you want).
Then you wouldn't have to shell out anymore money.

Reactions: Zidapi

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino

contact your seller and ask for a refund on the gateway since it's fake. probably the blue card isn't fake, so you can use it to ds roms, or you can get a cheap r4 like r4itt (which i use) and use it for ds.
i'd recommend using the 32gb you got and just deal with the "lack" of space, since 32gb can get you many games (at least 15 or so)
don't forget to delete the .cia file after you imported it. so you will have only used up the space the game needs.
and use rxtools. best option for o3ds and 2ds.

Ratier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i'll think about that ... but the ideal for me is to install everything at once because i probably wont be downloading anything more. Anyway, i have some questions: can cia files play online (and how do i do that? converting .3ds files into .3dz files using my own header and converting .3dz files into .cia files? or there is other way to do that?)

And what if I want NDS roms so badly that i start searching for flashcards only for them. Which flashcard is the best? Gateway blue card works but I think it would kill the DS Profile exploit since when Gateway exploit is installed via blue card, if you use blue card with a nds rom you delete the ds profile exploit. So I would need a flashcard that does not affect the way that I enter rxTools emunand

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
CIAs doesn't need header. I'd suggest getting the files on cia format instead of converting, but you can do that too.
rxtools can be accessed by the browser exploit, but it would require internet access everytime you turned the 3ds off.
i don't think you can make a exploit stuck on o3ds, so either you lose the exploit everytime you play a ds game or use the browser. i don't think any flashcard will not wipe your exploit
if you are interested in ds only, any flashcard that works on 3ds will do, so better save. if you want more, dstwo probably is the best, but it is expensive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: