No games showing up in WiiFlow or USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by vuhsace, Apr 12, 2015.

1. vuhsace
    OP

vuhsace Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    I've tried to figure things out but I'm very new to soft modding. The wii was already modded by the previous owner but I am not sure what is wrong. USB Loader GX is v2.2r1100 and WiiFlow is v4.2.1. Formatted in Fat32, I use Wii Backup Manager. Could it be because of the old hard drive? I;m not sure what else to do ): I'll provide more information but again, I'm very new.

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    go to Wiibackupmanager options > FAT32/NTFS tab
    select : layout : Title [ID]
    select : Use subfolder
    Select : auto rename on mount (neer the bottom of the menu)

Go to option > Titles tab
    Select : Use Wiitdb titles
    Press : download Wiitdb titles button

Now mount your drive to rename and move games to their correct folders.

USBLoaderGX 2.2 is old. you can update to 3.0 manually then update from the internal update menu to get the latest version, or find the latest version in my signature.

3. vuhsace
    OP

vuhsace Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    United States

Do you have a guide on how to update USB Loader GX to the newest one? Sorry ): Also, in the FAT32 section, the only thing that says Automatic is "Automatically update storage convention..." Is this the one I should check off? Since I already have the old USBLoader folder on my sd card, do I delete that one and put the new one in or merge it?

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Yes, that's the option.
    And don't delete anything, that option is used to rename all the path/folder/files you already have in your /wbfs/ folder to the correct names.

To update USBLoaderGX, replace the boot.dol, icon.png and meta.xml on your SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ folder with the one inside the zip in my signature.

5. vuhsace
    OP

vuhsace Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    United States

I did everything but still, nothing shows up ): Games: 0 and I am using a hard drive that is 1 TB but it says 64 gb of 127 free?

6. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Format it with Wii Backup Manager or this. Windows will not format a drive that large as FAT32 without jumping through hoops.
    (The Ridge Corp page explains the problem, too.)

7. vuhsace
    OP

vuhsace Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    I already formatted my 1 TB drive to Fat32 using the backup manager. When I go into USB Loader GX, it doesn't seem to recognize my hard drive. Nothing shows up. Even though I have the hard drive plugged in (nearest to the wii edge), it only shows that I have 127 gb but I'm using the 1 TB

8. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    It's not formatted correctly, then. That's the max size Windows will format FAT32 as.

Ridgecrop apparently has a GUI version now: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Just set it for 32768 allocation unit size so it works right with Gamecube images, too.

9. vuhsace
    OP

vuhsace Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    United States

I still have no games showing up after this. ): Now it shows 0.00 gb instead of 67 gb like earlier

10. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    What drive/enclosure are you using? Does the drive show up as having the proper amount free on Windows?

11. vuhsace
    OP

vuhsace Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    HP Simple save. It's really old, 1 TB. It shows that I have only 930 GB available on windows. Could it be because of the hard drive?

12. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    That sounds about right for a formatted TB drive for free space.

It's possible, or the enclosure could be causing it. Do you have another one you could try?

EDIT: Before you go through any more formatting maybe you should go get SysCheck and post the output file. You might not have the proper cIOS installed that you need for Wii games to work.

http://www.hacksden.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=149

13. vuhsace
    OP

vuhsace Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    United States

My new external hard drive is coming in on friday so I'll post then to see if the hard drive is the problem.

14. vuhsace
    OP

vuhsace Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    How do I put the output file?

15. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You can either zip it and attach it to a post or just paste it in a message. (Put it in spoiler tags)

The application should save it on your SD card when it's done.

16. vuhsace
    OP

vuhsace Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    My hard drive came in early today and I just got everything to work. I guess it's because of the hard drive! Thank you for all your help though :)

17. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Awesome! :)