No flashcarts in Canada?

InsaneMonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember there was an article or something on the homepage about no flashcarts being allowed in Canada. Well I'm going to Canada for my vacation (Niagra Falls) and I was planning on taking my R4 with me. Do they check stuff at the border or...? Will I get in trouble with the authorities there if my R4 or my brother's CycloDS is found? Thanks!

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Don't worry too much about your flashcarts.

Just bring a retail DS case and stick your flashcart in that box (and retail cart in your DS) when you cross the border. For the worst case.

At the airport you'll see signs like "If you have anything that infringes intellectual property, give it up now"

The truth is, I never got checked. Even if they check, you can just show the retail box and they'll have no idea.

P.S. I don't think that new law is passed yet though? Even if it did, there should be a grace period.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Got a question.

I'm planning to get a DSTT for my friend (Yes, because it's the cheapest one) from DX. But if I order it from DX right now, would it get confiscated, if found at the airport?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
ojsinnerz said:
Got a question.

I'm planning to get a DSTT for my friend (Yes, because it's the cheapest one) from DX. But if I order it from DX right now, would it get confiscated, if found at the airport?

It depends on who the security dude is. Play it safe than sorry, put it in a retail case as deathfisaro has mentioned.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I wouldn't worry about that. They probably don't even know what a flashcart is (or what it looks like)
laugh.gif

And in the highly unlikely scenario that they check, just tell them it's a MP3 player or something.

ShineStar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It wouldn't matter anyway because the bill states that security guards won't seize your ipods/computers etc at borders to check for pirated music/movies/games.
The bill didn't pass yet either...

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShineStar said:
It wouldn't matter anyway because the bill states that security guards won't seize your ipods/computers etc at borders to check for pirated music/movies/games.
The bill didn't pass yet either...

So, it doesn't matter if I buy one, or not, because they're not going check, right?

Thanks.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Actually slightly different story.

If you carry it across border, it's very unlikely you'll get checked for pirated material.

If you send it by mail, custom people will do a random check and there's a chance of getting caught. But if you hurry, it might arrive before the bill passes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded