Hacking No emunand!?

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to go A9LH finally. I got it all done and I got luma settings done. The guide was like "go here to use your emunand as sysnand" or whatever. I went to back up my emunand and the nandtool says no emunand found. What happened? It worked before I started this. Should I just setup the sysnand and try booting emunand at a later time? I can do that right?

I'm gonna start setting up the 3DS as if fresh for now. Worst case HOPEFULLY I can recover my save data. I'm going to be sad if I have to start DQ7 from scratch.

finn_91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hm... What for have you tried to backup EmuNAND? I don't get it at all.
Anyway, if you followed Plailect's guide thoughtfully everything'd be okay.
I've installed A9LH back in august, and my EmuNAND wasn't affected.

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, the guide wanted me to push my emunand if I had one. I wanted to flash my emunand to sysnand. So I cannot seem to back it up so I just updated my clean A9LH sysnand to 11.0. I just care if I can boot emunand later and get my save data.

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Hourglass9 works for backing it up so I'm going to do so to be safe. For some reason the PC tool isn't working. That's fine. I'm just trying to ensure I can get my save data. I'll have to just get a new FC.

finn_91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Uh, the guide wanted me to push my emunand if I had one. I wanted to flash my emunand to sysnand. So I cannot seem to back it up so I just updated my clean A9LH sysnand to 11.0. I just care if I can boot emunand later and get my save data.
Got it. Yeah, I think you can. No reason for EmuNAND to be destroyed.

So, Hourglass9 works for backing it up so I'm going to do so to be safe. For some reason the PC tool isn't working. That's fine. I'm just trying to ensure I can get my save data. I'll have to just get a new FC.
So, I guess, problem solved.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PC tools will not work because u have a redNAND and they arnt compatable of backing up a redNAND partition

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC tools will not work because u have a redNAND and they arnt compatable of backing up a redNAND partition
But I made that emunand with my gateway card. It worked prior to back it up.

Anyway, I just booted emunand with luma and its perfectly fine! So now I'm asking in the plai guide thread if its possible to still inject it into sysnand. If you know please feel free to tell me, I'd appreciate it greatly.

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
But I made that emunand with my gateway card. It worked prior to back it up.

Anyway, I just booted emunand with luma and its perfectly fine! So now I'm asking in the plai guide thread if its possible to still inject it into sysnand. If you know please feel free to tell me, I'd appreciate it greatly.

it's basically back up your emunand, then restore it to your sysnand (keep a9lh).
your problem was the pc tool unable to read it. the guide already told you to use hourglass9 to do it, use it. back up your current sysnand, use hourglass9 for the process, make sure to choose keep a9lh option while restoring, and only delete your emunand partition after everything succesfully done. you'll be fine.

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea the guide did, but I had the SD card in my PC already and I backed up all contents prior to starting step on. So logically, why would I not use that app to back it up that I always have used while doing my other backups? It was an optimal strategy I do think.

Anyway, I just flashed my emunand over sysnand and it's all here. Thanks!

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get trying to work smarter vs harder but if a guide specifically tells you to use one program, it's pretty asinine to use another because it "does the same thing" when it really doesn't. Just for future reference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.