Hacking No DVD backups working anymore after cIOS14 install

Ben.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, after installing cIOS14 it has come to my attention no DVD backups work anymore on my wii. I've tried, neogamma and original gamma and the discs fail to boot. I've tried many discs I know work yet none seem to boot. I do also use USB loader for some games. However I don't have a big enough pen drive for all my games. So is there anything I can do to sort my wii DVD backup issues?

Additional:
4.0E PAL
cIOS rev14
No Mod Chip.
Original Nintendo Wii discs work.
Originally modified with the TwilightHack back in the day.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could reinstall rev10 over top of rev14 and use Hermes' IOS 222 and 223 with uloader for more stability.

keep the updater dol for rev14 incase you don't like it. I went back to 10, even 14 was acting up on me

try not to "uninstall" rev14, copy over it. I've read of random cases of not being able to reinstall cIOS after deleting the old one first on some 4.x systems so be aware.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are u positive ur disk working. What brand are they. I had the same issue with a cheap brand disk that stopped working that I thought was cios because I jsut upgraded.Make sure they are good by putting them in img burn and seeing if u can extract the iso. If u can't it's the disk

Ben.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mark McDonut said:
you could reinstall rev10 over top of rev14 and use Hermes' IOS 222 and 223 with uloader for more stability.

keep the updater dol for rev14 incase you don't like it. I went back to 10, even 14 was acting up on me

try not to "uninstall" rev14, copy over it. I've read of random cases of not being able to reinstall cIOS after deleting the old one first on some 4.x systems so be aware.

Okay I've reinstalled rev 13. I don't know whether it was 13a or b. Either way first I started getting 1101 errors. Then timeouts. Now if I start neogamma, insert the disc, wait a few seconds, click play from dvd. It usually works. However the whole loading process is getting a little annoying having to do all this extra stuff to get the disc to run.

Ben.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jabmaster2 said:
Which rev of neogamma u using. I think rev 7 is only suppose work cios rev 14

Rev 6 I use.
It works fine most of the time. It's just annoying having to take a disc out, put it back in etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free